You Loose your Promo Accepting an Upsell

cruzsnooze

Just today I found out that the upsell I took lost my perks, So I paid an extra $2100 for the upgrade and lost hundreds in OBC and Gratuity on the 3 for free so the upgrade was more like $3000. So sorry I took it now. $3000 for a 12 day cruise is not what I would have accepted.

It used to be you kept the promo you booked with. They should have stated they changed the policy.

I plan to remove my gratuity on this voyage since I booked with it paid - and there's nothing I can do about the lost OBC. Resolutions were unable to help me, my big box TA called them.

If you booked with the AIBP that's a big loss on top of the upsell costs so consider carefully what the actual costs will be and make an informed decision.

That's what I thought when I accepted the upsell from a mini to a full suite for our Alaska cruise.

I honestly don't know what to say other than someone messed up big time on this one. The only thing that is supposed to change is your cabin number!

You really need to call back. I've done 3 upsells and never lost my promos like sip & sail or other things and neither have my friends. I've gone from Mini suites to suites each time.

Someone messed up big time!!

You really need to call back. I've done 3 upsells and never lost my promos like sip & sail or other things and neither have my friends. I've gone from Mini suites to suites each time.

Someone messed up big time!!

I did and my TA went through resolutions dept and no go. Apparently the policy changed without notification.

Hmm? I asked to upgrade our cabin and made sure to say not to do it IF I couldn't keep my 3 for Free perks.

I kept saying don't change anything IF the perks cannot stay.

I just did it by calling the 800 number.

It is possible that your TA screwed something up?

I did and my TA went through resolutions dept and no go. Apparently the policy changed without notification.

If it's that bad, get your old deal back. This is wrong. You should have been notified as part of the upsell. If you weren't you likely have some recourse.

Wow!! That is sleazy on their part.

I got another upsell (which I didn't take) for our Regal sailing in December 2017. You still got to retain your OBC and perks. This must be new.

I would email Jan Swartz and customer relations. There is no way that I would accept this.

Wow!! That is sleazy on their part.

I got another upsell (which I didn't take) for our Regal sailing in December 2017. You still got to retain your OBC and perks. This must be new.

I would email Jan Swartz and customer relations. There is no way that I would accept this.

Thank you for that suggestion to email Jan Swartz. Do you know her email by chance.

I sail 4 cruises a year with Princess and always accept an upsell from a mini to a suite when available. The aggravation I had in February with the propulsion noise in my suite and now this has me rethinking whom I give my Cruise dollars.

Isn't it the TA's responsibility to appraise you of the terms of the upsell? And to be aware that the policy had changed? That is where I would be looking for satisfaction, not the cruise line.

I completely agree!

Thank you for that suggestion to email Jan Swartz. Do you know her email by chance.

I sail 4 cruises a year with Princess and always accept an upsell from a mini to a suite when available. The aggravation I had in February with the propulsion noise in my suite and now this has me rethinking whom I give my Cruise dollars.

jswartz@princess.com

I'm so sorry to hear this happened, it just isn't right at all.

I would also ask a question on their Facebook page. See what their answer is on there about the changes in upsells and lose of perks. They seem to be fairly decent about answering things on there.

Isn't it the TA's responsibility to appraise you of the terms of the upsell? And to be aware that the policy had changed? That is where I would be looking for satisfaction, not the cruise line.

I agree thought with big box TA's they don't seem to do the extras and probably just forwarded the upsell offer.

cruzsnooze, do you have the copy of the upsell offer? Does it mention anything about changing the promotions? Did your TA forward you a copy of the email or allow you to speak with the resolution department? I really would demand to have a 3 way call with customer relations or the resolution department and hear it for yourself. If this is what Princess is now doing, who is going to take their upsells unless they don't have any OBC or perks?

When I received no satisfaction about a price-matching situation, publicly posting on facebook immediately gave a solution.

Seems like when you go public, suddenly they see logic.

Yes, posting on their Facebook page should get their attention!

I have taken multiple upsells and have never lost a single perk. I also have copies of every single upsell offer - you definitely need to get ahold of your's to see if there's anything stated there about losing perks if you accept the offer. Either this was a one-off or a mistake. In any event your TA did you no favors if they knew the terms of the offer and didn't advise you of the ramifications of accepting the offer. I would definitely contact Princess to find out the whole story and what you can do to reinstate your perks. By the way, all of the Princess contacts are here, I think someone misstated Jan's email address above: http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/princess/ .

Did you upgrade or accept an upsell? It has always been my understanding that the upsells allow you to keep your perks whereas, if you found an upgrade to a better cabin at a good price, you would only be given whatever offer is currently available. I would call back until I got my old deal back or if they reinstated your perks. Many times, I've called down there and got one answer and called back and got a completely different resolution. Tell them you are sorry for having to keep calling back but you are just asking for what is right. Best of luck ... come back and let us know how it all worked out. Fingers crossed for you.

I have taken multiple upsells and have never lost a single perk. I also have copies of every single upsell offer - you definitely need to get ahold of your's to see if there's anything stated there about losing perks if you accept the offer. Either this was a one-off or a mistake. In any event your TA did you no favors if they knew the terms of the offer and didn't advise you of the ramifications of accepting the offer. I would definitely contact Princess to find out the whole story and what you can do to reinstate your perks. By the way, all of the Princess contacts are here, I think someone misstated Jan's email address above: http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/princess/ .

The princess.com email is also hers and will get through to her department, I just used it a couple of months ago and got a phone call in response.

I do not do facebook and after the recent revelations about privacy don't care to start now. My TA and I spent over an hour and got through to resolutions as I've stated. There is no written documentation so that's not a viable option.

IT WAS and upsell not a refare or price drop. I am totally jaded after spending several days over this on the phone with Princess and then the TA who is not the problem or the issue.

I will resolve the gratuity issue by removing my gratuity on board and no I won't feel guilt about it.

I have other cruise lines I like better but since they run three times the fare of Princess I will only use them once a year. I will start to look at Celebrity more and Princess less if Princess they can't get their policy more consistent

I'm thinking they don't really need my generation (early 60's) who although book suites do not spend a significant amount on board. I don't drink more then an occasional glass of wine and only take maybe 1 of their shore excursions and do the rest on my own. I'm no longer the demographic they seek to retain.

Resolution told the TA you loose your perks with an upsell, that's what happened twice.Once yesterday and again today.

I will resolve the gratuity issue by removing my gratuity on board and no I won't feel guilt about it.

Wow - punish the cruise line by refusing to tip the person who probably gets paid the least and works the hardest. No matter how upset I would be at the cruise line, I would never with hold tips from a room steward who cleans my room 2x a day and probably works 10 plus hours per day for 6 plus months at a time with out a day off.

Upsells usually come as written documentation. I am surprised at this.