September Cruise

BLJ1

Hi

I've cruised quite a lot, but never in September, we are now looking for a fly/cruise form UK, around the 17th September but not sure where to go, as I love the sun so must be somewhere hot. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thinking about the Caribbean

Cheers

BLJ1

September weather in the Caribbean averages 31°C (88°F)

While it shouldn't be too be a factor, September is also peak of the hurricane season, although the season lasts July through November. As in 6 months or half the year......

Hi Hurricane season is a worry, I have two different Cruises set out below, any opinions on these much appreciated, The 2nd one is 7 days and slightly more expensive but I don't thing the weather will be that warm although the person selling was adamant it would !!!!

10 Nights – Caribbean Cruise on MSC Seaside – 20th to 30th September 2018

20th September: Fly from London Heathrow to Miami (direct flight)

20th to 22nd September: 2 nights stay in a 4* hotel in Miami ( Marriott Biscayne Bay or equivalent)

22nd to 29th September: 7 nights full board cruise on MSC Seaside

29th September: Fly from Miami to London (arrive 30th September, one stop in New York)

Cruise Itinerary

22nd Sep 2018 Miami

23rd Sep 2018 At Sea

24th Sep 2018 Ocho Rios, Jamaica

25th Sep 2018 Georgetown, Grand Cayman

26th Sep 2018 Cozumel, Mexico

27th Sep 2018 At Sea

28th Sep 2018 Nassau, Bahamas

29th Sep 2018 Miami

Costings:

Bella Balcony cabin two sharing: £1499 per person

Fantastica Balcony cabin two sharing: £1545 per person (includes all inclusive drinks package)

Bella Balcony cabin single occupancy: £2355 per person

Fantastica Balcony cabin single occupancy: £2519 per person (includes all inclusive drinks package)

Itinerary

Barcelona,SpainPalmaDe Mallorca, SpainMarseille,FranceFlorence/Pisa(La Spezia), ItalyRome(Civitavecchia), ItalyNaples(Capri), ItalyBarcelona,Spain

Look forward to any views about these

The weather absolutely will be very warm that time of year - in all your indicated ports of call. In fact it will be hot. Trust the advice of the person you are working with - they are correct regarding the weather. As to hurricanes - this past year not withstanding as it was somewhat exceptional - hurricane season only means that the conditions are favorable for storms to develop, not a certainty that they will.

You don't say which ship for the 2nd one, but if it's more than you're paying for the Miami one, then that's a lot for a simple Med cruise, especially when it's term time. Is this one also MSC, because they do some reasonable prices once the August rush is over... or is it an inclusive fly/cruise?

If you're wanting more certainty of heat, then perhaps an eastern Med- Greece and Croatia- might be worth looking at.

If you're wanting more certainty of heat, then perhaps an eastern Med- Greece and Croatia- might be worth looking at.

To resolve the question of temperatures on the listed itinerary, here are the high and low range in degrees Fahrenheit for the ports of call listed for September:

Cozumel: 88 / 76

Jamaica: 82 / 75

Grand Cayman: 90 / 78

Bahamas: 90 / 75

Miami: 85 / 80.

The weather is quite warm, agreed?

I can also add that I have been to all of the above during that time of the year and can confirm the weather.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Hi Hurricane season is a worry, I have two different Cruises set out below, any opinions on these much appreciated, The 2nd one is 7 days and slightly more expensive but I don't thing the weather will be that warm although the person selling was adamant it would !!!!

10 Nights – Caribbean Cruise on MSC Seaside – 20th to 30th September 2018

20th September: Fly from London Heathrow to Miami (direct flight)

20th to 22nd September: 2 nights stay in a 4* hotel in Miami ( Marriott Biscayne Bay or equivalent)

22nd to 29th September: 7 nights full board cruise on MSC Seaside

29th September: Fly from Miami to London (arrive 30th September, one stop in New York)

Cruise Itinerary

22nd Sep 2018 Miami

23rd Sep 2018 At Sea

24th Sep 2018 Ocho Rios, Jamaica

25th Sep 2018 Georgetown, Grand Cayman

26th Sep 2018 Cozumel, Mexico

27th Sep 2018 At Sea

28th Sep 2018 Nassau, Bahamas

29th Sep 2018 Miami

Costings:

Bella Balcony cabin two sharing: £1499 per person

Fantastica Balcony cabin two sharing: £1545 per person (includes all inclusive drinks package)

Bella Balcony cabin single occupancy: £2355 per person

Fantastica Balcony cabin single occupancy: £2519 per person (includes all inclusive drinks package)

Itinerary

Barcelona,SpainPalmaDe Mallorca, SpainMarseille,FranceFlorence/Pisa(La Spezia), ItalyRome(Civitavecchia), ItalyNaples(Capri), ItalyBarcelona,Spain

Look forward to any views about these

I wouldn't worry too much - we've cruised quite a bit in September (less kids, lol!) and other than an occasional storm the ship sailed around, we have never had any issues.

That being said, it would be prudent to make sure you have travel insurance.