POA Cut March 10th Cruise Short

Gigi Haze

Sadly I received an email this morning (2/22) telling us the ship will be in dry dock on March 10th therefor the departure has been moved to March 11th. The change in Itinerary impacts the stay on Maui, the island I was most looking forward to visiting, instead of 1.5 days we are now limited to 10 hours! So much for the shore excursions and planned activities on the beautiful island.

Further, now that we are land bound on the 10th we are on our own for lunch and dinner, no vouchers or any form reimbursement to defray those costs associated with inconvenience. We arriving in Oahu on the 8th, now we'll need to pack up and switch hotels, cab is on our dime as well.

For our troubles NCL has booked us a hotel room for March 10th, of which we didn't have the option of choosing, and is willing to either offer us a 25% discount of current cruise cost on our next cruise (yeah right) or refund us the one day equivalent. When I called for the refund I was told that only the fare and docking fees would be refunded, the tax portions of the fare were non-refundable!! I pressed for a while and was ultimately told to pound sand, there was nothing else they were willing to do to compensate for the inconvenience, she actually tried to tell me that the paid hotel for the night of the 10th was a perk!

In all, I have spent several hours of my time on hold and on the phone to obtain a partial refund on my ONE day portion.

I have spent a lot of time and money planning this trip, I'm sad NCL feels they can disrupt it without at least offering to take care of all of your additional expenses. This is not an inexpensive trip by any means, it's far too late to make other plans now as they did not give us sufficient notice, I wish I had spent my money differently.

IMHO, it is best to start problem solving or else you are going to ruin your long planned vacation. It is very easy to do a day trip to Maui on one of your pre cruise days if that is most important to you. As previously mentioned, the HHV is a fantastic hotel - enjoy it. Use your trip insurance for reimbursement of the March 10 meals and one way Waikiki cab fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by herdingdogmom