Moho Beach Question

jalakim

We have a group of 13 heading to Moho Beach in two weeks. Can anyone suggest a cab company to contact to book transport or will it be just as easy to get a taxi by the ship? Also it is just as easy to get one to come back?

Thanks so much for your help.

We had a group of 14 (one 2-year old). We took the transportation offered for $16 PP round trip. This was my third visit and it took about 45 minutes to get there. We didn't realize it, however our driver waited for us, the trip back was quicker - about 25 minutes.

Love Maho Beach and the Sunset Bar and Grill. We ordered wings, burgers, nachos, mozz sticks, and they were all good.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We grab a cab at the pier and don't make a time to return. There are lots of cabs waiting at the Sunset Bar & Grill to return to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much does it run to take a cab from the pier to Maho?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I recommend against any thought of spending all day at Maho. Visit Orient or do something else in morning and then get to Maho after lunch for a couple hours. Other than the plane watching, just in my opinion, there is not a lot of interest at Maho.

Thank you.

Another option is to spend the morning at Mullet Bay and then walk to Maho in the afternoon. That way you have less travel time and more beach time. You also want to be at Maho in the afternoon when the large planes from the US and Europe arrive and depart. Getting sand blasted by one of those is a unique experience. Mullet Bay is one of the best beaches on the island and the walk is a short 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:02 AM, Ashland said:

Just make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to your ship from Maho.

What do you consider plenty of time?  There will be a total of 4 ships in when we are there, about 13,000 people. I've read anywhere from 45 minute taxi ride back to 2 1/2 hours.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, bobbie0253 said:

Does anyone know if they charge for chair rental there? If so how much?

There are two places to rent chairs at Maho Beach; one at each end of the beach.  Driftwood Bar is on the north end and Sunset Bar is on the south end.  The number of chairs is limited at both places since the beach itself is small, so you have to arrive early to get one.  I am not sure how much they charge.

Edited by RMH
misspelling