Just off the Regal Caribean Cruise April 1-8

Travlin grrl

Fort Lauderdale/Disembarkation

Is it all ready over? Noooo ....I don't want to get off.

Our plane is leaving late so I do a post excursion with transfer to the airport.

We go to Flamingo Gardens and Port Everglade to look for gators. The Flamingo Gardens is a guided tram tour through the park. So pretty and green with so many different plants. A botanical paradise. We see the Flamingos up close and all the peacocks are showing off their feathers.

On to the boat ride through the everglades. I feel like I'm on Swamp people but it's so fun. As he takes us through the waterways he calls out the gators like he is the "alligator whisperer" and they come out of the marsh up to the boat. After that there is an alligator show which is really more informational. No alligator wresting or anything and you get a photo on the way out. I recommend this excursion, it was really fun.

On to the airport and long flight back to L.A. dreaming where I will go next.

If anyone has questions or needs to see a Princess Patter let me know which one and I will post it.

I’ll be on this cruise in the fall. Where did you get the vanilla and how much was it?

This was in St . Maarten after my loooong excursion and I didn't have much time to shop. But right outside the ship pier are some shops/booths. If you are leaving the ship it's on the left hand side. They also have various handmade "hot sauces". The vanilla was $10.00. I'll post a picture next of the pier from the ship.

This was in St . Maarten after my loooong excursion and I didn't have much time to shop. But right outside the ship pier are some shops/booths. If you are leaving the ship it's on the left hand side. They also have various handmade "hot sauces". The vanilla was $10.00. I'll post a picture next of the pier from the ship.

Thank you!!

Fort Lauderdale/Disembarkation

Is it all ready over? Noooo ....I don't want to get off.

Our plane is leaving late so I do a post excursion with transfer to the airport.

We go to Flamingo Gardens and Port Everglade to look for gators. The Flamingo Gardens is a guided tram tour through the park. So pretty and green with so many different plants. A botanical paradise. We see the Flamingos up close and all the peacocks are showing off their feathers.

On to the boat ride through the everglades. I feel like I'm on Swamp people but it's so fun. As he takes us through the waterways he calls out the gators like he is the "alligator whisperer" and they come out of the marsh up to the boat. After that there is an alligator show which is really more informational. No alligator wresting or anything and you get a photo on the way out. I recommend this excursion, it was really fun.

On to the airport and long flight back to L.A. dreaming where I will go next.

If anyone has questions or needs to see a Princess Patter let me know which one and I will post it.

We were on the Regal last March and were scheduled to do the same excursion in Ft.Lauderdale upon disembarkation. It sounded wonderful, and fun! Unfortunately, one of our group took ill and we had to cancel. Were all disappointed that we missed seeing the flamingos. Oh well, maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Regal last March and were scheduled to do the same excursion in Ft.Lauderdale upon disembarkation. It sounded wonderful, and fun! Unfortunately, one of our group took ill and we had to cancel. Were all disappointed that we missed seeing the flamingos. Oh well, maybe next time.

Yes the flamingos were in rare form. I think they said it was mating season? Lots of noise but so pretty. Hope you can do it next time.

I think it's better on certain places of the ship. Hard to get a connection on the aft.

Last November we were on the Regal in an aft cabin, A628. I believe this was the 1st cruise using Ocean Medallion but only a few cabins used the Medallion. Not us. We were given FREE internet for the entire cruise and it wasn't too hard to make a connection from our aft cabin. I would have thought things would have gotten better connectivity-wise since that time.

Sorry I meant to say Grego. lol. All though Tony has probably taken a lot too.

Glad you had a great voyage, even with the lip gloss issue. We do love this ship and the previous Regal Princess which we were on in 1992 for our honeymoon.

• 4 weeks later...
In the pic with the person holding the stingray, it appeared that the person was wearing gloves and a special suit. Did you have to wear special gear?

No special gear. They provide the snorkel and I think water shoes and we had brought our own. Not knowing they provided them. No gloves. So they say the stingrays are trained. It's a netted area in the ocean and they have names for all of them. I thought we were going into the wild. We wear rash guards and I'm not sure what she had on. When you feed the sting rays you hold the fish in your hand and she wraps her hand around your hand with the glove. Because they feed from underneath. You are only petting them on top and they are smooth like a dolphin. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

No special gear. They provide the snorkel and I think water shoes and we had brought our own. Not knowing they provided them. No gloves. So they say the stingrays are trained. It's a netted area in the ocean and they have names for all of them. I thought we were going into the wild. We wear rash guards and I'm not sure what she had on. When you feed the sting rays you hold the fish in your hand and she wraps her hand around your hand with the glove. Because they feed from underneath. You are only petting them on top and they are smooth like a dolphin. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Thank you; that was a great description. I’m glad you don’t have to wear anything special. I fed stingrays in Curaçao, and it was nerve-wracking putting my hand under them and trusting my hand wouldn’t be bitten/sucked in. I ❤️ stingrays!