With all the negativity

thesmiths

Thanks for the advise - I'll have to look into MSC. In reference to me spending my entire cruise career at the bottom, I also worked onboard CCL ships long, long ago, so I guess I've been wallowing in the mud for many years.

Now, may I ask you - as a seasoned traveler, why in the world would you spend your money to cruise on the Panorama if you think it's the bottom of the barrel?

We have not been to California and I have two young daughters that like Carnival. The itinerary was good too.

We just got off the Miracle Saturday and had a wonderful time. We had one not so great dinner in the MDR, but in the grand scheme of our vacation it didn’t move the needle too much. The crew on the Miracle were terrific. Take your positive vibes and have a great vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with much of what is being said...

I am guilty of saying I would never cruise Carnival...but...I booked my first one for September on the Magic and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I'm not saying I "lowered" my expectations (I kinda did) but more so opened my mind!! I've been on about 16 cruises with Disney, RCC and NCL and have had a bad cruise on each of the latter two, but the people I was with helped to forget about that and just enjoy the rest

Any vacation is what you make of it, you have a pretense of that vacation when you book it, regardless of what type or how much you spend. From everything I read about my upcoming cruise, I find myself saying that's sounds like fun...the word fun keeps coming to mind!

Here's to my inaugural Carnival Cruise!! :tropical-drink::ship:<3

We've been on 6-7 Carnival cruises and all were 7 days or more. In all honesty I've never had a bad cruise on Carnival or Celebrity (our other favorite). Yes, Carnival ships do assault your visual senses and I wasn't broken up when Carnival quit using Farcus to design their interiors (I guess from the Breeze and newer). I remember when we boarded the Splendor and was shocked by all the pink but after a day onboard I didn't even see it.

We like Carnival (there, I said it). We enjoy the food in the MDR, we love the crew and our fellow passengers and we really appreciate the service the company always provides. Just to give you a couple of examples. On our Hawaiian cruise (15 days) we received a call from our son (he went through Carnival Corporate to make the call) to tell us our Greyhound had passed away. Carnival didn't charge us for the call (which would have been expensive) and Customer Service onboard reconnected us when the call dropped out (again without charging us). On a cruise a couple of years ago my wife and I both got sick (intestinal and unsure if it was noro). My wife got sick first and then I followed a day later. We both went to the ship's medical clinic and, of course, they immediately put us in our cabin for 24 hours (turn into 48 hours because I got sick with the same symptoms). Lost one port with excursions but gained free pay-per-view movies! They didn't charge us for the medical care (which was great) and our trip insurance took care of the excursions missed.

Go on your cruise and don't worry about reviews. Few are well balanced and some are written by drama queens. When Carnival decided to do away with table cloths on non-formal nights in the MDR I thought some people were contemplating suicide!

I have been reading about Carnival this and Carnival that how bad this is...and how the colors of that ship sucks.....

All I have to say is I can't wait for our cruise!

I so look forward to a vacation and with all the crap my wife & I have been through....

I'll bring back all the positives!

I agree, it seems as if the negativity has picked up lately. And all of the talk about "cutbacks" has grown quite tiresome. Some of the things aren't even real cutbacks, but people still love using the word. For those who can't stop complaining about what Carnival no longer gives them, I won't mind if they cruise another line. More room for the rest of us. ;) Criticism is one thing, there's nothing wrong with it, but some take it to a whole new level.

The trolls have been out in full force, too. I disagree with RWolver's earlier comment that most of it comes from new users here. There's at least one who I know isn't a new user, but keeps creating new usernames as the old ones are banned because he's constantly flaming everyone. Some people are here just to start trouble, fueled by their anonymity. That's pathetic. In my experience, for the most part, actual new users are usually quite civil. Which brings up another point about negativity. People who have been cruising a while love to point fingers at newcomers. Whether it's people new to these boards, new to cruising, or both, newcomers tend to take the brunt of the attacks. The "holier than thou" attitude is one of my biggest pet peeves. Our upcoming cruise is only our second...no shame in that.

It was a lot of negativity that caused me to have serious doubts before our first cruise. I spent a year and a half on the old Carnival forums before our first cruise and it seriously made me wonder what we had gotten ourselves into by deciding to try cruising. Thankfully, all of that negativity didn't carry over to actually being on board and we had a great time.

We've got just under two months to go now. I know how you feel about dealing with life's crap. I lost my mom late last year and it's been a very tough time. Our cruise can't come soon enough, we desperately need to get away. Hope you have a great time. :)

Thank You for posting some positive comments, we need them! We leave in 22 days for our 11th Carnival Cruise. Have they all been perfect, no but we go in knowing things happen. Same as any other vacation. Have a wonderful time I know we are desperately looking forward to our 11th!

I don't think you have to ever "lower you expectations", just keep them realistic. We all have different likes and dislikes. One person might say "The food at the buffet is terrible." Another person might say "The food at the buffet is very good." Who's right, and who's wrong? When reading someone's review, I try to separate opinion from fact.

This. For example most Carnival ships (older ones) have 'busy' decor that some people don't like but others do. I love the newer decor themes but others say that they're drab. Same with food and a dozen other things. We are both eager to get back on a Carnival ship after being disappointed in our last cruise on Royal.

I believe this is what the OP is referring to: "I went on a Carnival cruise I had a good time with my family, but (pretty much everything about the ship sucked) and "I learned that everyone else is better." So, my question is, why do you come on CCL's board? I'm assuming that since everyone else is better you aren't planning on ever going on another CCL cruise - so, why the interest.

My guess is that you are on here to warn other potential cruisers. From your post, I'm also assuming that you've gone on exactly ONE CCL cruise, so what would make you experienced enough to comment?

Some people are here just to stir the pot and cause trouble, not to warn others of bad experiences. That's just the type of people they are. Havingfun admits that he comes to these boards and says the things he does just for kicks, even though he no longer cruises Carnival. That should tell you enough about the person right there.

In regards to your last statement, I disagree with your thought that one cruise doesn't give someone enough experience to comment. I've been on one cruise, with number two in June. Our first was in 2016 and I spent a year and a half learning everything I could. Reading through Carnival's FAQ's and participating on the old Carnival FunVille forums. Not just learning, but helping others whenever I could (based on what I had learned). All this before we even cruised. Then after one cruise, there was a lot more I could comment about. There are many aspects to cruising in general that don't require many cruises to grasp. And if I can comment on something, answer a question, or give advice based on my one cruise plus everything I've learned, I won't hesitate.

There are posters who are complete cheerleaders for carnival and posters that are completely anticarnival. I learn nothing from either of them and tend to simply place those users on ignore. We are newbies and are still very excited about our upcoming cruise and have learned a ton on CC regardless!

There are posters who are complete cheerleaders for carnival and posters that are completely anticarnival. I learn nothing from either of them and tend to simply place those users on ignore. We are newbies and are still very excited about our upcoming cruise and have learned a ton on CC regardless!
There are also posters like myself that will still cruise carnival and have no problem being honest. Remember , it's only a personal opinion and it may vary person to person. What one person says should play no role in what your experience is ..... none. No need for people to get upset if someone insults "their" cruisline and it's silly if it does. I do think Carnival is the Wal-Mart of cruising and the food more or less sucks compared to most every other cruise line I've sailed. But you know what, I still book Carnival and am looking eagerly to sailing the Panorama as any other ship. Take input with a grain of salt. I do feel strongly though that if you've only ever sailed Carnival you're really missing out ......

I have been reading about Carnival this and Carnival that how bad this is...and how the colors of that ship sucks.....

I so look forward to a vacation and with all the crap my wife & I have been through....

I have been on 10 cruises--9 with carnival on my last one on the Allure of the Seas (royal carribean)...I have to say I much prefer Carnival over RCI.

I love my balcony stateroom--sitting out there just enjoying the sounds of the water and eating and drinking when I want. I love all the food choices (and if one is not good...I go get something else), love the entertainment and the bands at night, I find activities during the day (trivia, dance lessons) etc.

I cant say that I can even remember a bad moment on my cruises. My 12 year old DD has been on all of the cruises with me and she loves them too :)

I am not the type who gets upset or frustrated easily, so maybe I just don't think about things that may not have been right....and I am happy that I am this type of person :):)

There are also posters like myself that will still cruise carnival and have no problem being honest. Remember , it's only a personal opinion and it may vary person to person. What one person says should play no role in what your experience is ..... none. No need for people to get upset if someone insults "their" cruisline and it's silly if it does. I do think Carnival is the Wal-Mart of cruising and the food more or less sucks compared to most every other cruise line I've sailed. But you know what, I still book Carnival and am looking eagerly to sailing the Panorama as any other ship. Take input with a grain of salt. I do feel strongly though that if you've only ever sailed Carnival you're really missing out ......

....lol, are you implying that all others won't tell the truth?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If your thinking I started this to troll , you are absolutely incorrect.

I don’t think that at all and apologies for any such implication. Quite the opposite. I think some of the trolls themselves do so when they aren’t looking for threads like yours to take over. If you look at negative posts and then that person’s history you sometimes see where they have started various other muckraking discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival is great. MSC has been getting some really bad reviews. Mostly when it comes to food and shows.
They did the have a rough first few cruises on a new ship. They however, listened to the critics very closely and got things in order very quickly. The food in the MDR and the buffets was spectacular last week, I assure you. The Michael Jackson show "Timeless" was the best performance I've ever seen at sea ...... it received a standing ovation for the 1000 people in the audience including my family. The food blew away everything from the Vista last year ........

There are also posters like myself that will still cruise carnival and have no problem being honest. Remember , it's only a personal opinion and it may vary person to person. What one person says should play no role in what your experience is ..... none. .

If the person’s “honesty” is always rah rah Carnival or everything Carnival is awful...they offer nothing I can use or learn from. Their linear & biased perspectives have zero integrity, imo, because few things in life are that black & white. I do not allow them the opportunity to influence me...I simply place them on ignore, and continue being excited about my upcoming Carnival cruise. Works for me.

I don’t think that at all and apologies for any such implication. Quite the opposite. I think some of the trolls themselves do so when they aren’t looking for threads like yours to take over. If you look at negative posts and then that person’s history you sometimes see where they have started various other muckraking discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree...and No worries, have a good weekend.

Actually I have travelled extensively and have experienced 5 star accommodations, so I really don't need anyone to tell me that I don't know what expectations should be. And, for the record, anyone with money doesn't normally need to tell anyone they have money. Just thought I would share my definition of "class" since you think I need you to define "expectations."

And now, I will leave you to "troll on" dude.

"Troll on" dude :'):'):'):')

Sounds like you and your wife really need a vacation. I think that you are ready, set , go for a very wonderful, happy and full of positives cruise vacation:) Go in to your cruise, knowing that something will likely not be perfect, but look at the overall big picture. You will be on a ship with a crew who in my experience, go over and above to make your vacation a happy and memorable one. You will be sailing to ports of call to explore and enjoy. So much to look forward to and so much to enjoy. Have fun! Make happy memories, and hope to hear how it went when you get home.:)