Status Match

ranchette

I am trying to send a certificate to MSC to status match my Voyagers club membership. I am not able to do it online and I cannot get in touch with them. I have emailed them a few times but they do not respond. Does anyone have a direct phone number to the Voyager dept.? I get no satisfaction from the customer relations dept.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Am curious how they match..and does the status match impact a first cruise? I read on their website it has to be done at least 7 days before the first sailing. Does the status match then there after get topped off by the pts earned on each sailing? So if you status match, then cruise a long voyage in the Yacht club... for example, will those 2000+ pts go on top of the status level ?

TYIA

I just applied for the status match for my husband and I. I hope I didn't confuse them too much. The first time I filled out the online form for my husband, I entered his loyalty number for Celebrity, after filling out all the other info for Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor. So then I submitted it again with all the info correct.

They say it takes 7-10 business days and you'll be notified by email.

I status matched my Carnival Diamond to MSC's Black Card, while Evelyn's Carnival Platinum translated to MSC's Gold Card. We were told the match would remain in effect if we cruised with MSC once a year. Of course, that depends on how we enjoy our first MSC cruise on the Seaside this October!

Hi, Do you have any contact except from on-line form? I am not US citizen and I cannot see possibility to do status match....

Customer service for MSC is 877-6654655 I do not have the direct number anymore to the Voyager Dept. Hope this number can help

My DH & I applied for status match on MSC and were given black based on our NCL Platinum status. It only took a week using their online form and uploading a screenshot of my NCL status. It is good for 3 years. If we take no MSC cruise in that time, we go to the base status.

The status match may just be for US customers to try to pull some cruisers from other lines as they try to have a stronger impact in the US. Just a guess, but I could certainly be wrong.

Yes, the status match will affect your first cruise by perks you will get. Just joining gets you a 5% discount on your first cruise. The cruises you take with MSC will add points to your status.