Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Question: can someone find out what the official passenger count is on the TA?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read on one of the live from threads that there were about 300 empty cabins, and that the ship was at about 70% occupancy, so as to make the cruise easier for the crew to orient themselves on...

Question: can someone find out what the official passenger count is on the TA?

At the 'how to run a floating hotel' q&a in the Atrium yesterday they said there we 2,500 passengers on board.

Sandra

So there is the horizon lounge for heaven members. But is there a lounge for mortals!? Looking forward!?.

Having an irish coffee or a carajillo while cruising the glaciers should be the bomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So there is the horizon lounge for heaven members. But is there a lounge for mortals!? Looking forward!?.

Having an irish coffee or a carajillo while cruising the glaciers should be the bomb!

Yes, observation lounge on 15th floor, it is huge, can seat 300 or so at any time

Looks like reservations could be in order

The stickied article on the Bliss Hits and Misses calls the OL a huge "Hit" but it raises the concern about 'chair hogs' in the OL. It does seem like it could be a problem on cold or rainy sea days.

As big as the main OL is, it has room for what, if its 300....less than 10 percent of the guests?

I don't know exactly how many Haven guests there are, but maybe the 100 or so covers about 1/4 to 1/3 or so of the guests?

The Problem with chair hogs can be at every places. Ncl should have a eye on them. Observation Lounge Looks awesome for me like spinnaker lounge at jade.

Of course! If NCL is smart it will develop rules from the start that you cannot leave anything on your chair in the OL. If you do, it will be removed to the Lost and Found. Unlike at a pool where people have a reason to leave their chair with things on it like a towel, there is no reason to leave things on a chair in the OL. IF you get up, take your stuff with you!

At least the Bliss has observation lounges for cold or inclement weather, unlike the Breakaway, where the Atrium becomes jammed on cold or inclement weather days....having that space will certainly relieve the overcrowding.

Can I ask you a few silly questions? What does one wear to and in the thermal spa? How long do you stay in there? It sounds awesome, but i have never done anything like that.

You can wear your bathing suit with a coverup or with you robe. My husband wears his with a tshirt. Then once you get inside there are robes in both the mens and ladies locker room to wear over your bathing suit.

There are loungers both mosaic tile and regular. They also have a therapy pool with jets in different heights as well as one for your neck. There is also a hot tub, ice room, sauna, steam room and salt room. You can stay as long as you want during open hours. Not certain on the Bliss but on all the other NCL ships the spa was open from 8am to 10pm. It is very relaxing. And you will have good views from the spa while sailing...especially in Alaska. As well it is chilly in Alaska and this will be a nice retreat area. We are in a spa balcony for our upcoming cruise.

You can wear your bathing suit with a coverup or with you robe. My husband wears his with a tshirt. Then once you get inside there are robes in both the mens and ladies locker room to wear over your bathing suit.

There are loungers both mosaic tile and regular. They also have a therapy pool with jets in different heights as well as one for your neck. There is also a hot tub, ice room, sauna, steam room and salt room. You can stay as long as you want during open hours. Not certain on the Bliss but on all the other NCL ships the spa was open from 8am to 10pm. It is very relaxing. And you will have good views from the spa while sailing...especially in Alaska. As well it is chilly in Alaska and this will be a nice retreat area. We are in a spa balcony for our upcoming cruise.

Any idea of prices!?

Any idea of prices!?

I am in a spa balcony cabin so the spa pass comes with it. But in th past I have purchased a spa pass. My understanding from reading on cc and other forums that the price for the week is $199 per person. You can call and have it added to your booking or do it online. They only sell so many passes so if you are interested I would do it quickly.

Thank you, that was exactly what I needed to know.

So it is official, direct from the NCL.COM site and not a TA or poor translation. We have wear boots or high top sneakers to do the RaceTrack. ***. Is that a means to prune out maybe 90% of the cruisers that do not know that they have to bring boots or high top sneakers to cover their sneakers?

Are they renting out boots or is this gambit to sell high tops or boots in the ship stores?

For those that have tried the track, have they allowed any exceptions to just wear normal shoes that at last touch the bottom of the ankles?

Height requirements: Minimum 1.20m or 48”, Maximum 2.00m or 79” - Shoes must cover toes and ankle (no flip flops) - Loose clothing is not allowed - No age minimum, guests only must adhere to height requirements - Long hair must be tied back and hide inside helmet - Drug and alcohol consumption before driving are strictly prohibited - Persons with cardiovascular disease, hypertension, spinal injuries or pregnant are not recommended to participate

So it is official, direct from the NCL.COM site and not a TA or poor translation. We have wear boots or high top sneakers to do the RaceTrack. ***. Is that a means to prune out maybe 90% of the cruisers that do not know that they have to bring boots or high top sneakers to cover their sneakers?

Are they renting out boots or is this gambit to sell high tops or boots in the ship stores?

For those that have tried the track, have they allowed any exceptions to just wear normal shoes that at last touch the bottom of the ankles?

Height requirements: Minimum 1.20m or 48”, Maximum 2.00m or 79” - Shoes must cover toes and ankle (no flip flops) - Loose clothing is not allowed - No age minimum, guests only must adhere to height requirements - Long hair must be tied back and hide inside helmet - Drug and alcohol consumption before driving are strictly prohibited - Persons with cardiovascular disease, hypertension, spinal injuries or pregnant are not recommended to participate

Thanks for throwing the info up. Now I know what to bring. Did I spot a two seater cart?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

The stickied article on the Bliss Hits and Misses calls the OL a huge "Hit" but it raises the concern about 'chair hogs' in the OL. It does seem like it could be a problem on cold or rainy sea days.

As big as the main OL is, it has room for what, if its 300....less than 10 percent of the guests?

I don't know exactly how many Haven guests there are, but maybe the 100 or so covers about 1/4 to 1/3 or so of the guests?

Per the Live TA thread this note was on the bottom of the daily:

OBSERVATION LOUNGE

For the comfort of all guest utilizing the Observation Lounge, please refrain from lying on the furniture or using the couches, chairs, and tables as foot rests.

Per the Live TA thread this note was on the bottom of the daily:

OBSERVATION LOUNGE

For the comfort of all guest utilizing the Observation Lounge, please refrain from lying on the furniture or using the couches, chairs, and tables as foot rests.

This advice is necessary for the waterfront as well.

Its a shame how often we saw that on past getaway cruises.

Some people have no respect.