Need to bring docs off ship in Canada?

dad son team

I was just reading a review form the Glory and it implied that they questioned the cruisers about the citizenship docs upon returning to the ship from St John, NB, Canada. Do you need to bring your passports/BC with you when you get off the ship and go through immigration? I've only done Caribbean/Mexico/Bermuda cruises and the only thing we needed to bring off was or S&S cards.

All you need is the sign and sail card and a picture ID for Canada. We were on the Glory last week too. Note: I always bring passports too if I'm in a foreign country (even Canada). I just think it's a good idea in case of some unforseen emergency that would force you to miss the ship (highly unlikey I know, so probably not necessary). I always stick the family passport in my purse, though, when we get off the ship.

ok, thats what I thought, although an additional photo ID is new. Usually I just had to "boing" my card and that work as my photo ID. I too bring my docs as a precaution, but it just sounded like there was more of an immigration process than what I usually do.

ok, thats what I thought, although an additional photo ID is new. Usually I just had to "boing" my card and that work as my photo ID. I too bring my docs as a precaution, but it just sounded like there was more of an immigration process than what I usually do.

The photo ID is just to show that you are in fact the person who is listed on your sign and sail card.

The photo ID is for the Canadian official who checks IDs before letting you proceed back to the ship. When you "boing" the card on the ship, they don't check photos there. I usually bring passports as well since that's the only photo ID our 16 YO has right now.

Archived