4 day Sky ... With kids! Owner's suite 8201. Pictures!

Starflyr3

Just wondering if the Cabana's are free for the owner's suite guest. we are booked one on sky for 2018 cabin 8201.

Nope, you still have to book and pay for them. No free stuff from the excursions list at all, but you do get priority tenders to GSC.

• 1 month later...
Does the window between the bedroom and living room have a shutter or curtain to close? OP had said it was hard keeping light away from the kids in the living room - hoping there's something to close the bedroom off. Thanks for any info!

There are shutters between the bedroom and the living room. My brother said the little light coming thru didn't bother him....but those darn things sure didn't help keep his snoring out!! ;p

Thanks NayRN - we were on a cruise with you in the Haven (Jewel or Jade, maybe?). My granddaughter Phoebe played with your two lovely grandnieces, and that friendship made the trip for her. It must be 5 or 6 years ago. I'm going on the Sky with my younger daughter (you may remember she fell out of a top deck hammock, and they took all the hammocks down after that - she does seem to make a "splash" wherever she goes) in November and we're hoping we can still get to Havana.

Thanks NayRN - we were on a cruise with you in the Haven (Jewel or Jade, maybe?). My granddaughter Phoebe played with your two lovely grandnieces, and that friendship made the trip for her. It must be 5 or 6 years ago. I'm going on the Sky with my younger daughter (you may remember she fell out of a top deck hammock, and they took all the hammocks down after that - she does seem to make a "splash" wherever she goes) in November and we're hoping we can still get to Havana.

Yes! I remember well! It was the Gem out of NYC in 2013!

The Sky, albeit small, is my favorite ship! The crew is amazing and the OS....fantastic! My brother also said the Murphy bed in the living room gave him the best 4 nights of sleep! Havana is also on my bucket list....and I'll be looking at the for next Fall. According to everything I've been reading, cruise ships will have no problem visiting Cuba!

Thanks for all of your info! The Murphy bed will be for me - and I look forward to it (and Havana!!). I remember you had enjoyed the Sky; when we talked about your cruise history. Send our regards to your niece and her daughters. Maybe we will be on a cruise together in the future.

• 9 months later...
We are currently sitting in Cagneys, awaiting lunch. This was the fastest embarkation EVER. We were on the ship within 20 minutes of arriving at port - at 11:15 am!

Funnily enough, we immediately ran into a family with a son that is exactly my sons age, who will be on our same floor, who were on the Jade in April - in the same room we were in in March! (14008). Crazy!

This is going to be so much fun!

I will come back to do a picture review after we get back. My rum and Pepsi is calling my name!

ETA: the rum and Pepsi is definitely not watered down or weak!

Hi Starfly! Three of us are staying in room 14008 this summer, any tips? Would appreciate any info you have. Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using Forums