Excursion question

XRunner7

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess April 7th, 2018. I was looking to book a "Exclusive Beach Resort Getaway" while in Puerto Vallarta. The Princess site does not show what resort thay they take you to so I called and was put on hold while the girl called th excursion desk. Well, guess what? They will not tell you where you are going! I was told it was because of the resort security. I say bull. Has anyone had this happen to them? Fork over your money then maybe we will let you know where you are going.

In the grand scheme of things, you've got two choices. Behind door #1, you can accept that Princess isn't going to tell you where you're going, and sign up for the excursion. Behind door #2, you can think it's bull and not sign up for the excursion. Which one is it going to be? Reality is they don't have to tell you were they're taking you, but you don't have to take that excursion.

And door number 3, you can find a resort that offers day rooms and make a "do it yourself" resort day.

Alternatively, you can call back, get a different person, and get an answer. This happened to us when we were considering hotels outside of the US --trying to decide whether to book thru Princess or not. The first phone call was worthless, they wouldn't tell me. The second time, the rep even spelled the names for me!

In the grand scheme of things, you've got two choices. Behind door #1, you can accept that Princess isn't going to tell you where you're going, and sign up for the excursion. Behind door #2, you can think it's bull and not sign up for the excursion. Which one is it going to be? Reality is they don't have to tell you were they're taking you, but you don't have to take that excursion.

What a ridiculous answer! Surely anybody who books an excursion would like to know where they are going.

What a ridiculous answer! Surely anybody who books an excursion would like to know where they are going.

If you look at this from the Princess point of view, do you want to tell a random caller where your Cruisers will be on a specific day for an extended period of time? I'm sure as the cruise gets underway, the information will be available.

The other cruiser is correct in being able in the past to walk along the row of hotels and find one where you can go in for the day.

Puerto Vallarta is a fantastic place. Spent great times there before anyone reading this was born. Also spent time in their jail there. Not a bad idea to go where Princess, or other cruise lines want to take you. There are probably 10,000 Americans living in that area but if you do not know what you are doing......take the advice of people that do. As said in the Wizard of Oz, "you are not in Kansas anymore"

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess April 7th, 2018. I was looking to book a "Exclusive Beach Resort Getaway" while in Puerto Vallarta. The Princess site does not show what resort thay they take you to so I called and was put on hold while the girl called th excursion desk. Well, guess what? They will not tell you where you are going! I was told it was because of the resort security. I say bull. Has anyone had this happen to them? Fork over your money then maybe we will let you know where you are going.

We're on the same cruise and plan to get a day-pass in PV on our own. If you book through Princess, at least you'll know that you can get back to the ship without issue. I'm more worried about my second language being French and trying to navigate in Spanish.

I'm willing to bet its las calentas.

• 3 weeks later...
We're on the same cruise and plan to get a day-pass in PV on our own. If you book through Princess, at least you'll know that you can get back to the ship without issue. I'm more worried about my second language being French and trying to navigate in Spanish.

I hope you are having a fantastic sailing!!

We are on the ship after you, for the 10-day Sea of Cortez and Mexican Rivera. We already have a non-Princess sponsored resort that I have already spoken with, the price is comparable. The other resort offers longer hours, but no transportation. I like the idea of knowing that the ship will wait for us if we book through Princess.

Just wondering what resort that they use?? The resort that I researched is the Barcelo Vallarta and looks like a beautiful property.

Any current information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.