Mad March Marketing

Silver Spectre

I was hoping to read this was a booking on board offer for sailings in March.

Oh well!

On that subject, I have to admit the latest sailing updates for 2019 are pretty lack lustre and there isn’t anything I fancy in price point and length. I’m guessing SS have feedback suggesting 7 days is the preferred duration as so many of the smaller vessels are that length? Seven days is not for me. Hopefully 2020 has a better offering. Luckily my next are 9 and 11 (with the former having an after cruise extension), but I cant see me being swayed to shorten.

I was hoping to read this was a booking on board offer for sailings in March.

Oh well!

On that subject, I have to admit the latest sailing updates for 2019 are pretty lack lustre and there isn’t anything I fancy in price point and length. I’m guessing SS have feedback suggesting 7 days is the preferred duration as so many of the smaller vessels are that length? Seven days is not for me. Hopefully 2020 has a better offering. Luckily my next are 9 and 11 (with the former having an after cruise extension), but I cant see me being swayed to shorten.

We’re also not interested in 7-day cruises, way too short for us. In fact in 25 years of cruising we’ve taken only one 7-day cruise and we quickly decided that was a never-again experience. There’s also a time and distance consideration so for distant itineraries like the Med the shortest cruise we’ve taken over the past five years was a 12-day cruise. Just too far and airfares too expensive for shorter cruises. To that end three of our Med cruises have actually been back-to-back cruises where we’ve booked two shorter cruises together to get up to our preferred 12-14 day or longer cruises. When asked or have the opportunity we consistently tell Silversea we outdoor like to see more 10-day cruises even for easier and shorter Caribbean cruises. At the same time because of my wife still working 18-day cruises are really a stretch so we do have a limit on the upper end.

On March 13 I received an email from "my personal consultant" at Silversea stating an opportunity for a cruise departing "Mar 13". I couldn't have made it to Vancouver in time to board, but I clicked through anyway. It was really "May 13".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been getting many E-mails from SS in the last few months. They all leave me rather confused. It is so hard to tell if an offer is a special deal or not. The net cost is still expensive. Having sailed on the Muse, SS will have to improve their ships before they get me back on board. The crew are excellent but the food offering is not what it once was. Most of the ship's need money spent on them and the Muse is just too 'brown'.

I have been getting many E-mails from SS in the last few months. They all leave me rather confused. It is so hard to tell if an offer is a special deal or not. The net cost is still expensive. Having sailed on the Muse, SS will have to improve their ships before they get me back on board. The crew are excellent but the food offering is not what it once was. Most of the ship's need money spent on them and the Muse is just too 'brown'.

I received email from Silversea today confirming we now have enough people for a Meet & Mingle on our Upcoming Muse cruise.We have not booked a Muse cruise and the light of information on Cruise Critic since the Muse have no intention of doing so.Sadly I had to respond and indicate it would not be possible to accept the kind invitation to the M & M.

Sent from my iPad using Forums