Service charge increase fleetwide

Rileyz

For bookings made between April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018:

All PREPAID service charges will be charged the price of:

• $16.99 USD per person per day The Haven and Suites;

• $13.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Sun (Port Canaveral sailings only*) -

$21.99 USD per person per day for Suites;

$18.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

- For sailings on or after April 1, 2018:

All service charges PAID ONBOARD, regardless of booking date will be charged the NEW price of:

• $17.50 USD per person per day The Haven and Suites;

• $14.50 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

$22.99 USD per person per day for Suites;

$19.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

If you can, pre-pay before April Fools Day.

For bookings made between April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018:

All PREPAID service charges will be charged the price of:

• $16.99 USD per person per day The Haven and Suites;

• $13.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

$21.99 USD per person per day for Suites;

$18.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

- For sailings on or after April 1, 2018:

All service charges PAID ONBOARD, regardless of booking date will be charged the NEW price of:

• $17.50 USD per person per day The Haven and Suites;

• $14.50 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

$22.99 USD per person per day for Suites;

$19.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

If you can, pre-pay before April Fools Day.

I think it says as long as you pay before you sail.

Still inflation on a NCL cruise is higher than anything else. and it seems like quality has gone down in the last couple years at a steady pace (Mainly food and service).

I still love cruising NCL but man it feels like they are sticking it to us.

I really want to know if the staff gets this money. I have no problem with it if that’s the case but I doubt it honestly.
Please provide evidence of your claims, rather than hurl unsubstantiated allegations toward the cruise line.

Riley is allowed to doubt it - she doesn't need to substantiate her opiniom. She didn't make a false claim and say " I have no problem with it if that’s the case but it's not!" How about asking NCL to provide evidence that they do give all the increases to the crew?

Please provide evidence of your claims, rather than hurl unsubstantiated allegations toward the cruise line.

It’s not a claim, I am merely questioning the purpose of the increase. It’s called a service charge or gratuity. The implication is that it goes to staff, I am hoping that’s the case and maybe I’ll get some answers on my cruise in May. If I am told that service staff do indeed see the increase I will share that here. I hope my doubts are unfounded.

It’s not a claim, I am merely questioning the purpose of the increase. It’s called a service charge or gratuity. The implication is that it goes to staff, I am hoping that’s the case and maybe I’ll get some answers on my cruise in May. If I am told that service staff do indeed see the increase I will share that here. I hope my doubts are unfounded.

I was about to ask if anyone as actually asked the staff....I am sailing on 4/7 and I will.

I was about to ask if anyone as actually asked the staff....I am sailing on 4/7 and I will.

They are sworn to secrecy about tips and gratuities. If you do find out any information, kindly let us know. Thanks!

Please read what is says about the Sun and the Sky being all-inclusive:

Norwegian Cruise Line is making a nominal adjustment to its daily service charges, effective April 1, 2018. Norwegian's discretionary daily service charges make it easy for guests to provide gratuities to the onboard staff dedicated to delivering superior guest service throughout the cruise.

To better address the demands of the enormously successful and the industry's only all-inclusive cruise experience offered on Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Sun, those ships' daily service charges will be:

· $19.99 per person per day for inside, oceanview and balcony staterooms

· $22.99 per person per day for suites

Any guest that has made a booking by March 31, 2018 will have the option of prepaying their service charges at the current rate if done prior to sail date. Guests with existing cruise reservations who have already pre-paid their service charges at the current rate are not affected.

SAY WHAT???!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm gonna get flamed but, you don't have to pay the increase, you can decline all the service charge or you can pay what you feel is deserved.

Exactly!!! The dsc ncl feels I should pay for my cabin for 4 are not in line with what I feel I should pay

I'm not concerned with who gets what or tipping all those behind the scenes people

My concern is that what ncl wants from me is not what I want to give them so I will reduce it to what I think is reasonable

I like ncl but I've never received service worth the dsc they expect

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question: I booked my cruise through Expedia which included prepaid gratuities. Will I now have to pay extra? I assume they haven't actually paid NCL for the gratuities yet considering I've only paid the deposit. When I created an account with NCL with my reservation, it doesn't show I have prepaid gratuities. Does anyone have experience with this?

Hey everyone! So I used to work for NCL on the POA back in 2011. I was a junior waiter at the time and we did receive the gratuities in our paychecks. It was never explained to us how it was broken down or divided but in my experience it was about $50 a week. Not much but we did get minimum wage plus overtime. Average was 60-70 hrs a week.

I really want to know if the staff gets this money. I have no problem with it if that’s the case but I doubt it honestly.

This guy claims to be employee of RCL. Royal Caribbean Dude I would ask him. I would venture that NCL has the same or very similar policy about grats.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2610892