Does your alcohol intake change while cruising?

Iggipolka

Does your daily alcohol intake change while on a cruise?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Does your daily alcohol intake change while on a cruise?

• I don't drink alcohol on land or at sea.
    • I drink considerably more alcoholic drinks a day, 15+ a day.
    • I drink more alcoholic drinks while cruising, 10-15 drinks a day.
    • I drink a few more alcoholic drinks while cruising 5-10 drinks a day.
    • I drink about the same amount of alcohol while not cruising and while on a cruise.

Nothing there for me to choose. The only alcohol we have at home is the wine my sister dumps in the stew, or whatever is cooking. On board, we drink when it is free, and on a one week cruise, might have two other adult beverages each. EM

I get drunk (10-15 beers) 1-2 times per month at home. I get drunk pretty much every day on a cruise. I'm probably in the minority here but I just don't see the point of having a drink or two. No buzz and empty calories. I drink for the effect!

I rarely ever drink at home. Maybe a drink if we go out to eat, and even then, I don’t always drink when we go out. But on a cruise I have at least one drink a day. Sometimes two.

I get drunk (10-15 beers) 1-2 times per month at home. I get drunk pretty much every day on a cruise. I'm probably in the minority here but I just don't see the point of having a drink or two. No buzz and empty calories. I drink for the effect!

I don’t see the point in getting drunk. But then again, 1) I enjoy my life and don’t feel the need to numb it with alcohol, and 2) I’m not a teenager/young adult anymore. Eventually you have to grow up.

I used to, but now I want to remember the cruise! I drink maybe a glass of wine a week at home, will do 1-2 a day on a cruise.

Maybe a tad more, but not massively. I'm probably on 2-3 drinks in the evening (more likely to be wine than anything else) and maybe a 1-2 during the day (most likely beer). Maybe a cheeky Martini, Bailey's and cream, or fruity drink (Margarita or Pina Colada) if the mood were to take.

To offset, when on a cruise I usually manage to get in my whole morning workout routine (especially on sea days). Hard to do at home because of needing to be at work and sometimes not waking in time.

I don't drink during the work week in my "real world' and maybe have a glass or wine or two on the weekends (assuming we go out to dinner or out with friends)...but on vacation...I drink like a fish....make the most of my Cheers package and drink all day long....but that's because that week I am not in my "real world" so easy to do since I don't have to drive anywhere, do homework with your kids, clean the house etc etc etc.....

Oh boy does it change. We have a couple of bottles of wine with dinner a week at home and Martinis on Saturday nights. On a cruise there's a seat at the martini bar with my name attached to it as well as pairing all courses with wine and an after dinner drink.