[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:01 AM.
South Florida
659 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Hi Everyone,

I hope our new Video, "The Making of Crystal Skye" will be of interest. Thank You !

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sincerely,
Andy Geller
Crystal Social Media Ambassador
[email protected]

Tucson, AZ
406 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
If there is a dining room on board, why does the video show fold down tables being set at the passenger seats? Are there two classes of passengers?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ed And Mary Ellen from sunny Tucson, AZ

2,407 Posts
Joined May 2000
I assume that pax will have the option to eat at the seat or at one of the tables. I don't know whether the tables could accommodate all pax at a single sitting.
At 35,000 feet
9,722 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Observer
I assume that pax will have the option to eat at the seat or at one of the tables. I don't know whether the tables could accommodate all pax at a single sitting.
No way. Four dining tables and 88 guests. (Will you be main or late dining tonight?)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Government Certified Expert"

"Anybody who believes they can out-think the airlines' revenue/yield management computer algorithms is, in my view, delusional." -- Gardyloo

"It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference what other people are paying since they're traveling from different airports, on different days, at different times of the year." -- fbgd

"Daddy he hates airplanes, Baby loves to fly. The Lady wants to know the reason why." -- Michael Franks

My standard response to all the questions of "Can I make that early flight home?" or "Can I take a bag that is oversized without paying?":
"Well, you gotta ask yourself....do you feel lucky? Well do you?" -- Inspector Harry Callahan
2,407 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by FlyerTalker
No way. Four dining tables and 88 guests. (Will you be main or late dining tonight?)
Butler/Flight Attendant to Passenger: "Lovely. You are booked for the second sitting in Cloudside, our onboard restaurant. Please be aware that that sitting may be cancelled and butlers required to take their seats because of turbulence. In the event that we are unable to serve you our Michelin-inspired cuisine during the flight, you will be provided with a coupon that can be used at the destination airport food court."
125 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
At 55K per hour fuel burn I wonder how many total hours the plane will be airborne during the charter not to mention the salaries and landing fees and other unknown costs.

Flyertalker maybe you can figure it out based on your experience. How many guests will it take to make this operation profitable minus expenses?
South Florida
659 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Originally posted by Lobes1
If there is a dining room on board, why does the video show fold down tables being set at the passenger seats? Are there two classes of passengers?
Hi Lobes1,

Thanks for your question. There is only one class of service aboard the Crystal Skye and that is Crystal Exclusive Class.

The area you see is a social lounge, the first of its kind in the private jet tour industry. It provides an area for guests who wish to leave their luxury seats to meet in a convivial area perhaps with a custom crafted cocktail from the onboard mixologist, or, to have high tea, a snack, or even to play games on custom dual-purpose tables.

Hope this information is helpful !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sincerely,
Andy Geller
Crystal Social Media Ambassador
[email protected]

At 35,000 feet
9,722 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Andy Geller
The area you see is a social lounge, the first of its kind in the private jet tour industry. It provides an area for guests who wish to leave their luxury seats to meet in a convivial area perhaps with a custom crafted cocktail from the onboard mixologist, or, to have high tea, a snack, or even to play games on custom dual-purpose tables.
Just curious....if it's a social area and not a dining space, why are we seeing formal place settings, including two stemmed wine glasses at each seat?

And did the company name change to "All Things Crystal"? If not, how can someone be the CEO and President of something that doesn't actually exist?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Government Certified Expert"

"Anybody who believes they can out-think the airlines' revenue/yield management computer algorithms is, in my view, delusional." -- Gardyloo

"It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference what other people are paying since they're traveling from different airports, on different days, at different times of the year." -- fbgd

"Daddy he hates airplanes, Baby loves to fly. The Lady wants to know the reason why." -- Michael Franks

My standard response to all the questions of "Can I make that early flight home?" or "Can I take a bag that is oversized without paying?":
"Well, you gotta ask yourself....do you feel lucky? Well do you?" -- Inspector Harry Callahan
1,599 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Thought this was a very good article from the South China Morning Post re Crystal Skye

http://www.scmp.com/business/china-b...t-us45000/seat

BTW, googled "Crystal Skye" and the word Facebook. I did get a link to a lot of people named Crystal Skye who are on Facebook. They definitely did not seem to be "all exclusive". . Struck me as funny there are a lot of people named Crystal Skye. Maybe Crystal can do a promotion offering all the Crystal Skyes a free ride on Crystal Skye, or not.