Celebrity Reflection 18 May 2018 Italy and Greek Isles

Frosty_tas

Hi everyone,

Marcus & Ian from Sydney Australia - travelling on Celebrity Reflection from Rome on May 18 2018. Can't bloody wait!!

This is our second Celebrity cruise and very much looking forward to the cruise and port visits. Any other LBTQI+ that will be on board? Would be cool to catch up in the evenings after exploring to share stories and a drink, or even arrange day trips.

Cheers

Marcus :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Marcus, we are on this cruise too. There are four of us, my wife and I along with her best friend and husband. There is a Facebook page for this cruise if you would like to join. It’s very helpful with day trips at ports. The page can be found by searching Celebrity Reflection Italy/Greek isles May 18-28 2018

My wife and I are new to cruising but her best friend’s husband is quite the cruiser. He said they always have a LGBT gathering. But I love the idea of meeting each other before.

• 1 month later...

Hi Marcus, Ian and DG,

We are Steve and John from Chicago, and we'll be joining you on this trip. We've been on several Celebrity sailings and find it's a great fit for us. Our most memorable was New Zealand and Australia a few years ago. We always find LGBTQ family on board, sometimes at the organized gatherings (which frankly vary based on the trip), but almost always around the Martini Bar. We'd also be up for trying to connect before the cruise is that works out.

We arrive in Rome a couple of days early and will be staying near the Vatican. After the cruise we'll overnight near FCO before flying out the next day. Are others arriving early, and where will you be staying?

I'm going to check out the Facebook group, and would also appreciate any recommendations for airport transfers pre- and post-cruise.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Steve

Hi All,

My partner Adrian and I will be on this cruise. We’re from Yorkshire, UK. It will be our second time on Reflection - very much looking forward to it now as it’s only a few weeks away!

We’re staying over in Rome for one night before mainly just in case there are flight delays and to have a good amount of time on the ship before she sails. We did a few days in Rome last time and loved it.

Steve, if you’re staying near the centre you can just get the train to the port. We got the train from the city centre last time and will be this time and found it clean and reliable. Just be aware of people trying to “help” buy your ticket and show you the platform...

Coming back we tend to get a Celebrity transfer to the airport. It’s extortionate but is convenient and gives some peace of mind as it’s pretty well organised.

We’re struggling with what we might want to do in Athens. We had two days there on our last cruise and so have done the “sights” and don’t feel inclined to repeat them. We also thought the city was a bit noisy and dirty and not conducive to just wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. We fancied getting out of the city but most of the Celebrity tours going out of the city also have stops at attractions in the city. If anyone has any suggestions then let me know!

I’ve joined the Facebook group mentioned above and I’m sure will be in the Martini bar at some point for the 8pm LGBT meet ups.

Richard

Edited by RainbowRichard