Rental car shuttle from lahaina to kahalui

andrea63

I was wondering if anybody has found a car rental agancy in the kahalui airport that has a shuttle to lahaina?The car agencies in lahaina area all say unavailable. If you used a taxi or uber from lahaina to the airport, can you kindly tell me how much you paid? I am trying to figure out how much a rental car for the day will be. Thanks!

I was wondering if anybody has found a car rental agancy in the kahalui airport that has a shuttle to lahaina?The car agencies in lahaina area all say unavailable. If you used a taxi or uber from lahaina to the airport, can you kindly tell me how much you paid? I am trying to figure out how much a rental car for the day will be. Thanks!

If your ship tenders in at Lahaina, why not rent a car there? No need to go to Kahului for that. There are several major agencies in the Lahaina area. Just Google them.

If your ship tenders in at Lahaina, why not rent a car there? No need to go to Kahului for that. There are several major agencies in the Lahaina area. Just Google them.

Costco travel didnt offer any cars in lahaina and carrentals dot com had cars in lahaina area for 200.00 a day. That was why I was looking for the info about a shuttle or cost of uber to kahalui to pick up and drop the car off.

You might try checking on www.discounthawaiicarrental.com and see if they have cars.

Thankyou for the website. It was very useful. No cars available for lahaina are on the date needed, and it appears no pickups for honolulu either. I will call the number provided on their website to verify. We did this cruise round trip san diego in 2005 and i remember all the ports offered free shuttles. Lahaina was the only place we did not rent a car because at that time the ship was only in port until 2 pm.

Do you realize Kahalui is a solid 45 minutes (can easily be more) from Lahaina?

Yes, that is why I was wondering if any rentals at the airport had a shuttle since I cant find any cars for the day that I needed closer to lahaina.

Thank you for all your help! I was able to find cars at the JHM west maui airport. You can rent cars and return after hours also. One site mentioned a drop box for the keys. I used kayak and got a car through enterprise. Again, many thanks!!!

Also check Kapalua (JHM) airport. We fly in there as it's a much smaller airport than OGG and closer to Kanapalli beach where we stay.

Sorry, missed your earlier post. Yes there is a drop box at JHM and you can park the car in the dirt lot in front of the terminal. At least that's the way with Hertz.

However, unless things have changed you won't go to JHM to pick it up you will go to their offsite location about a mile away. When we fly into JHM we have to catch the shuttle to the off site location, but we can drop it in the dirt lot at the airport.

There was also a rental desk at the Sheraton hotel we used once because it was cheaper than the airports. I can't recall the rental car company it might have been Avis.

Edited by jamesr3939