catamaran in Antigua

smith6

The Excellence, the excursion through the cruise line is “See Antigua by Sea” and is a great option.

Which cruiseline has this?

We were on Celebrity in 2012. Did the CAT with lobster lunch. Had a fantastic time. I don't remember how long it was...probably too many rum punches!!!;p I know the CAT was the Mystic. We are going on RCCL in January and have confirmed the same excursion with them.

Which cruiseline has this?

We were on Celebrity in 2012. Did the CAT with lobster lunch. Had a fantastic time. I don't remember how long it was...probably too many rum punches!!!;p I know the CAT was the Mystic. We are going on RCCL in January and have confirmed the same excursion with them.

RCCL’s AN66 excursion. May be longer than you want at 6 hrs, we had 10 hrs in port which gave us plenty of time to enjoy it. We especially enjoyed motoring through the harbors on the way back to port on the Excellence which is a nice two-tiered cat.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=AN66&DestinationCode=

On another stop we enjoyed a private island tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Beautiful island to explore, but gorgeous blue, blue water from the boat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did the Excellence for the second time in Dec and had another great time. It is the only type of Cat. that has three decks and is a power cat. You have to book through your ship since they lock up the excursion. The lobster cat tour does not do the whole island and is a standard cat. The lunch on the Excellence is your choice of fish or chicken which is cooked right on the bow of the boat while sitting on a very quiet beach. You cannot go wrong! Bob

Did the CAT with lobster lunch. I know the CAT was the Mystic. We are going on RCCL in January and have confirmed the same excursion with them.

The same company operates the Mystic Lobster Lunch trip and the Excellence around the island trip. Both are great fun and recommended, I usually alternate between the two.

As I recall, the Excellence around the island ("See Antigua by Sea") is a larger boat, and fully motorized with no sails. Lunch on this one is hot dogs, or something equally bland.

The cat that does the Lobster Lunch trip is an actual sailing catamaran, and you will sail part of the trip along the coast.

The same company operates the Mystic Lobster Lunch trip and the Excellence around the island trip. Both are great fun and recommended, I usually alternate between the two.

As I recall, the Excellence around the island ("See Antigua by Sea") is a larger boat, and fully motorized with no sails. Lunch on this one is hot dogs, or something equally bland.

The cat that does the Lobster Lunch trip is an actual sailing catamaran, and you will sail part of the trip along the coast.

Yes the “See Antigua By Sea” excursion is on the Excellence which is a power cat. We flew through the Atlantic enroute to Green Island, and motored through the bays around Antigua. But the lunch was not bland or hot dogs, we had chicken and fish with all the sides.Great day!

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you who have taken the Lobster Lunch trip - does it make it down to English Harbour? Looked on the website and it did not indicate yay or nay. Given the lack of confirmation I assume nay but I am ever hopeful. I have visited English Harbour via the land and really liked it, but being a bit of a sailing, age of sea/pirates nerd, I have always wanted to see the approach from the water.

For those of you who have taken the Lobster Lunch trip - does it make it down to English Harbour? Looked on the website and it did not indicate yay or nay. Given the lack of confirmation I assume nay but I am ever hopeful. I have visited English Harbour via the land and really liked it, but being a bit of a sailing, age of sea/pirates nerd, I have always wanted to see the approach from the water.

Same here. Motoring slowly through EH was my favorite part of the day on the Excellence.