Cabin 8000 Serenade

We stayed in 8000 on Brilliance in February, our first time in a FOV. This room was great. The separate little room was a perfect size for our daughter and the extra room in the cabin was wonderful. The best part was the portholes, which had a ledge under the windows. Our daughter loved sitting in the window and staring out or playing, and the view from the front of the ship was a totally unique perspective.

Two drawbacks to this room. Because it is at the complete bow of the ship, it was a long walk to get anywhere or to just pop back up for something we forgot. Not a big deal with older kids, but our daughter is 14 months, so carrying her or wheeling her in the stroller was a bit trickier. Also, this room is directly over the theater, and even on the 8th floor you could clearly hear the performances through the floor. Didn't bother my husband and daughter, but I'm a light sleeper and definitely kept me up. Wouldn't keep me from booking the room again though! Enjoy!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have had the #8500 on Radiance last May and will have it again this September...great that we were able to get these with just 3 people (two adults and one toddler)..as that usually doesn't happen often...and keep in mind that you have to move (turn it on it's side) the bed in the second sleeping area or a porta-crib won't fit. Just remember you will have to keep the curtains closed at night as the light from the cabin interferes with the bridge..there will be a sign posted in this cabin and the #8000 I would assume it's the same with deck #7's FOV.

We stayed in 8500 on Serenade - review with a link to someone else's photos here:

http://http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1939947#

We loved the room - lots of space, great view, the children sat on the window sills. Yes it was a longish walk but our toddler liked going down the corridors and the ship is sensibly sized. We did feel some motion when it was a bit rough one night. No noise to complain of but we are deep sleepers anyway .

• 2 years later...
We were on Brilliance a couple of weeks ago (myself, wife and 16 year old son) in Cabin 8000. It was great for the three of us, really nice having the extra room.

I don't suppose you have photos of the cabin? I can't find any, anywhere.

Hi,

I cannot find my pictures, but I can say that you will love the extra room. We enjoyed this cabin. The only problem is that the crew door was next to the room, and the crew was going in and out of the door at all times of the night and you could hear them. We loved the room, one of my favorites.

ML

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NY90q9AqtFovcIH32

Here are some photos (hopefully the link will work) from our FO cabin 8000 on Serenade of the Seas.....

It was nice to have the extra space. Plenty of closet/storage space too.

Thank you!!! We are booked in 8000 for Nov 2018, and we are really looking forward to it!