BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:49 PM.
2 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
My partner and I are looking forward to our very first voyage aboard MS Astor in February this year from Fremantle to Adelaide.

We both love our tea and wondered what type of tea they serve aboard?

After the Astor we will be taking a short cruise on Queen Mary 2, which will also be our first time aboard. It will be interesting to compare the two offerings. I think both will offer positive but different experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
happy valley s.a.
259 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Hope you enjoy your cruises, yes both will be very different, we have done 6 cruises over 7 years, P&O our first, got us hooked, then sailed on Princess Line, more up market, enjoyed all 5 ships, from the Sun Princess 1800 guests, to Diamond Princess 3500 guests, all good. We did enjoy the smaller ships, less people, not as busy around eating areas, entertainment areas, as we found, met lovely people along the way. We are now off on the Astor from Adelaide, Feb. 18 to Tassie for 8 days, all reviews have been good, a lot more cosy relaxed settings, easy to move around the ship, an up graded older ship, more of a sailing experience. You will find the Cunard ships very up market, decor, furnishings, eating areas very nice, in all aspects, but well worth doing. They both suit the older mature market, so enjoy both experiences.
2 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Thank you for your kind comments. Sounds like you have certainly caught the cruising bug!

I have cruised with P&O, Star Cruises, Holland-America (twice) and Celebrity in the past. Yet to try Princess but my parents have and were quite impressed. I found HAL suited me the most.

Even though I am 28, I prefer the traditional voyages as I am a bit of an old soul! Happy to rug up on deck with a good book, play shuffleboard and take a stroll along the promenade deck.

Being a Liner history buff, I’m sure Cunard shall delight and the Astor will be reminiscent of times past.

Do enjoy your cruise on Astor, that sounds like a lovely itinerary.

Warmest regards,

Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums