Binder clips!! Well, who knew!!

JayDeeJay

I take a few clothes pins and those large ones that you can use to keep your towel from blowing off the loungers. You can use the clothes pins for the shower curtain, drapes to keep out the light and to clip a few things on the back of a chair on the balcony to get them to dry quicker. I get both kind at the dollar store along with every size of zip lock baggies. I use zip locks of various sizes undies go in one, swimsuits and cover ups in another. Shoes in the 3-gal size to keep them from touching the clothes. Got the zip lock tip YEARS ago here on cruise critic and it has proven invaluable. I even take a few extras and I can take some crackers in a sandwich size, then some fruit and cheese on a plate that will slide right inside a gallon size one. Late at night, it's great to have cheese, fruit and crackers on our balcony with a glass of wine.

ok Newbie question here: Do you get the fruit and cheese from the dining room or can you order fruit and cheese from room service? Can we take food from the dining room to our cabin?

Since then I pack by laying out one outfit for each day plus one spare. I pack each sealed in an air tight plastic bag. Usually just a standard gallon zip bag which I reuse for further trips. On the plus side we never forget half an outfit, it limits over-packing, and we never have to worry about spills or rain.

My kids roll their eyes loudly in stereo every time this topic comes up, though. Something about always voted most prepared at Girl Scout camp every year? Kids! :rolleyes:What are you going to do? :*:cool:

We call these ORW’s - Outfits Ready to Wear. Complete change of clothes in 1 large ziploc. We always carry 1 ORW apiece in our carry on.:D

ok Newbie question here: Do you get the fruit and cheese from the dining room or can you order fruit and cheese from room service? Can we take food from the dining room to our cabin?

Typically the two best ways to get some from and cheese and room service or the buffet. I have many times filled a plate at the buffet to take to our cabin. Just be sure to bring something to cover the plate of food as you transport it. You don't want someone in the elevator sneezing all over it.

Typically the two best ways to get some from and cheese and room service or the buffet. I have many times filled a plate at the buffet to take to our cabin. Just be sure to bring something to cover the plate of food as you transport it. You don't want someone in the elevator sneezing all over it.

Ok thanks for that suggestion :)

I read a hint here on Cruise Critic to take some cheap shower caps and use them to slip over a plate you are taking from buffet. Just don't use the same shower caps that you are slipping over your shoes to keep dirt off clothes when packing.

Someone else said they thought you could get covers for the plates but I have no experience with that.

I read a hint here on Cruise Critic to take some cheap shower caps and use them to slip over a plate you are taking from buffet. Just don't use the same shower caps that you are slipping over your shoes to keep dirt off clothes when packing.

Someone else said they thought you could get covers for the plates but I have no experience with that.

I read somewhere here, using a plastic dollar store shower cap to cover the plate from the buffet to your cabin

I cover it with another clean plate

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you ever used trash bags to line your luggage, pack your things inside the plastic bag, twist/tie and if it rains and your luggage is sitting on the tarmac or dock waiting to load, luggage arrives cabin wet, but things nice and dry. When returning home. bag can be reused same, or wrap valuable trinkets in, dirty laundry or whatever you may need it for.

My last cruise my when my Luggage arrived to my cabin it was drenched, the room steward said to get it together and go to Guest Services and let them know - They would wash the clothes at no charge. From that moment I knew that if the weather is questionable, I WILL pack my clothes in Garbage bags so that I don't have to go through not have any clothes to change into after traveling to the port. I will also put a dryer sheet in the bag so that the clothes don't get that plastic smell....

My last cruise my when my Luggage arrived to my cabin it was drenched, the room steward said to get it together and go to Guest Services and let them know - They would wash the clothes at no charge. From that moment I knew that if the weather is questionable, I WILL pack my clothes in Garbage bags so that I don't have to go through not have any clothes to change into after traveling to the port. I will also put a dryer sheet in the bag so that the clothes don't get that plastic smell....

Smart!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

EWWWWW. Good point!

I travel with my famult and tge clotbes line in the shower is always full and things take forever to dry.

I found that hanging clothes pins like these are handy. With these you can move the items out of the bathroom to let them dry faster.

i get them at the dollar store for a pack of ten

7c057d1ef76837c39bd79f0072844b6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

welcome to the party! I just recently learned to bring along a couple of small binder clips so you can close the curtain(s) and eliminate that one little open sliver where the early morning sun will send a laser beam through, directly into an eyeball, with surgical accuracy. Duuuhhh!! A bit slow on the uptake, but I certainly welcomed the tip. I’m sure it’s been discussed before, I managed to miss it. This is for those of you who, like me, aren’t the fastest off the block.

Happy cruising!

I bring magnetized chip clips. They do everything including stick on the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DUCT TAPE, an old stand by. 99 cent stores sometimes have small rolls or if you have retirement of old roll you can step on it to flatten out. Either will fit into a shoe. Luggage repair (had to do this one at the airport), quick hem repair or even make your own lint roller. Swiss army type knife or Leather-man. If you already have them, zip ties. No smart phone, small flashlight. How about that old Ipod. DO NOT BRING PLUG IN ALARM CLOCK, SHIP VOLTAGE NOT 110V. Clock will lose 10 minutes a day. Don't forget that water proof marker.

• 1 month later...

That's were the shower caps come in handy, If I get food from the buffet I cover with plastic shower cap to transport it.

Binder clips, every travelers friend. Here’s one not related to them but still a good idea.

Cruise lines charge $$ if you loose their beach towel in ports. Every time you go to the gym grab a towel that’s nicely rolled and ready for your backpack excursion day. After you get back go exchange it for a new one for the next port.

We’ve done that for years.

Binder clips, every travelers friend. Here’s one not related to them but still a good idea.

Cruise lines charge $$ if you loose their beach towel in ports. Every time you go to the gym grab a towel that’s nicely rolled and ready for your backpack excursion day. After you get back go exchange it for a new one for the next port.

We’ve done that for years.

Aren't gym towels small?