Car rental operation just off the pier?

caribbean2000

Hoping to hear from RECENT visitors to Aruba, does anyone know if the car rental agency just off the end of the pier (close to the intersection) is still in operation? We will be visiting in about a month and we rented from them last year at about this time, not a perfectly new car but clean and dependable and the price was quite reasonable. Also, return was quick and easy. We are kind of basing our plans for the day on Aruba around being able to get another vehicle from them but internet searches only show the larger outfits quite a distance from the pier, or requiring a shuttle to get there. We've done this before and had a bad experience with the company (Avis?). Thanks very much!!

I CANNOT recommend Royal in Aruba. I booked a jeep for the day. They took my credit card and confirmed via e-mail. While on the ship, I received an e-mail stating that they "would not have a jeep" for me. I replied that I have a confirmation, and that they have my credit card. I told them that I needed SOMETHING to drive that day, even if not a jeep, and even if not from them, and asked if they could assist, but their only response was, "sorry, no cars."