Travel Guard: Very Long Hold Times for Sales by Phone

rkacruiser

Trying to purchase a Travel Guard policy by phone this afternoon has proven to be impossible. I tried 3x, had very long hold times, and finally stopped trying for now.

I have been a very satisfied customer of Travel Guard for many years, even have had a couple of claims which they paid without hassle.

But, this afternoon's experience causes me some concern. What if I had to call them when there was an emergency using their international phone number (which I don't think would be a Collect Call); being put on a hold, particularly long ones, would surely be an expensive experience.

Anyone else have any issues with Travel Guard?

Trying to purchase a Travel Guard policy by phone this afternoon has proven to be impossible. I tried 3x, had very long hold times, and finally stopped trying for now.

I have been a very satisfied customer of Travel Guard for many years, even have had a couple of claims which they paid without hassle.

But, this afternoon's experience causes me some concern. What if I had to call them when there was an emergency using their international phone number (which I don't think would be a Collect Call); being put on a hold, particularly long ones, would surely be an expensive experience.

Anyone else have any issues with Travel Guard?

We purchase our travel insurance through a broker (TripInsuranceStore) who sell policies from several insurers, and I *think* Travel Guard is one (but check!).

We use Travel Insured, purchased through TripInsuranceStore.

One nice thing is that they could help IF there were a problem with a claim.

But you are right... best to consider in advance...

Our feeling is that IF there is a problem getting through to a company when we are still trying to *purchase* something from them (when they should WANT to take that call, etc.), then what's the chance of a good response when we need their help!??

On the other hand, there could always be some unusual problem such as weather-related phone line or electrical problems that shouldn't generalize.

But still... it would give us pause, too.

If you've had such good experiences with them in the past, perhaps give them another chance?

Also, do you remember if there is a different "claims/emergency" number?

GC

The claims number is the same as the "regular" number.

Upon looking at the Schedule of Benefits page more closely, the international number is a "call Collect number". So, it says. I now wonder, however: in what decade will the phone be answered.

Tried a 4th time tonight and still cannot get through. I sent them an e-mail on their web site. No response may be a loss of business for them by me.