Questions About Photo Package

sjmbruce

My husband and I are hoping to go on a cruise later this year with my parents, my sister and my niece. I was thinking about getting the photo package that includes all the digital pictures on a USB. The plan was to get some family photos with all of us in the picture. I thought that because I am in the picture, that would be included in the plan. However, the fine print on Royal's website says

"Photos of other guests not travelling in your stateroom will be linked to their own stateroom. The following are not included in print and/or digital photo packages: Photos of others in your party not travelling in your stateroom; Group, Wedding, Quinces, Private Studio photography and other special occasion photography;"

The package does include others in my stateroom, so pictures of my husband and I would be included. But does this fine print mean that even if I am in the picture, since its a group picture with others, its not included?

Just looking for second opinions and even personal experiences. Thanks!

If they take your sea pass card it will be on your account. Your kids photos will be on your account. The photos of other guests means they will also have that photo in their accounts. My DW and I had same photos. Any photos with you in it will be on your account.

To also clarify, I did this a few years back. Think it's the same still. If your cabin is the only one that buys the package. And your parents or sister and child don't. Any pictures that they are in without you will not be in the package. They will of course be able to buy said photo's. So unless you or your husband are in the photo. It will not be on the USB. Happy Sailing!!!!!!!

We usually get the photo package too.

In the terms and conditions it said that any children sailing with us, that is under 21 years old, would be included.

Although the kids were in different cabins to us their photos were on the USB, even ones we were absent from.

Latest experience with this was in January 2017 on Ovation.

Happy cruising!

TraceyG :)

We usually get the photo package too.

In the terms and conditions it said that any children sailing with us, that is under 21 years old, would be included.

Although the kids were in different cabins to us their photos were on the USB, even ones we were absent from.

Latest experience with this was in January 2017 on Ovation.

Happy cruising!

TraceyG :)

This was our experience also on the Allure 12/17

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Silly question - Does Royal give us the right to make copies/prints once we have the USB? Or are they expecting people to use the USB solely by sharing online?

You have the right to make prints.

• 3 weeks later...

In the past, I would purchase the cruise photo package from mycruisephotos.com and I could link my under 21 children to the package when I got on the ship. It would include pictures of me or my children....hubby only if he were with me or kids. Not an issue since my mother just like photos of the group or the kids. Any photo that had me or any of my children, regardless of who else was in photo was included in our package. You would get the prints and a cd or flash drive with all the prints as well.

However.....cruising in June on Adventure and went to buy photo package and it is not available through my cruise photos. You have to purchase it through Royal and the fine print does not say anything about linking your children 21 and under...... and seems like the group of nine may not be included even if I am in the photo. Now that Royal is handling the whole process not sure if it is the same as in previous cruises.

I am going to have to email or call so I can get clarification on this.

Fine Print Below...

Online Internet & More reservations for your sailing will be available up until 19-Jun-2018 11:59 PM EDT. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make reservations onboard.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

Digital and Print photo packages are sold on a per stateroom basis only and photos are linked to staterooms based on the guests travelling in that stateroom. Photos of other guests not travelling in your stateroom will be linked to their own stateroom. The following are not included in print and/or digital photo packages: Photos of others in your party not travelling in your stateroom; Group, Wedding, Quinces, Private Studio photography and other special occasion photography; Generic photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.; Any special printing or retouching requests. Cancellation requests must be processed in the first 48 hours of the cruise, after this all photo packages are non-refundable. Prices are subject to change without notice. Percentage discount is off of onboard prices. Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Valid only for the voyage for which it was purchased and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs. VAT has been included in the price where applicable. Offer applies to new pre-cruise purchases only and transactions must be completed no less than two days before the sailing. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships ‘registry: Bahamas.

Silly question - Does Royal give us the right to make copies/prints once we have the USB? Or are they expecting people to use the USB solely by sharing online?

If you get the USB/digital package you should also be given a release form. It's a good idea to bring this with you when you go to have the photo's printed at a retailer.

In the past, I would purchase the cruise photo package from mycruisephotos.com and I could link my under 21 children to the package when I got on the ship. It would include pictures of me or my children....hubby only if he were with me or kids. Not an issue since my mother just like photos of the group or the kids. Any photo that had me or any of my children, regardless of who else was in photo was included in our package. You would get the prints and a cd or flash drive with all the prints as well.

However.....cruising in June on Adventure and went to buy photo package and it is not available through my cruise photos. You have to purchase it through Royal and the fine print does not say anything about linking your children 21 and under...... and seems like the group of nine may not be included even if I am in the photo. Now that Royal is handling the whole process not sure if it is the same as in previous cruises.

I am going to have to email or call so I can get clarification on this.

Fine Print Below...

Online Internet & More reservations for your sailing will be available up until 19-Jun-2018 11:59 PM EDT. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make reservations onboard.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

Digital and Print photo packages are sold on a per stateroom basis only and photos are linked to staterooms based on the guests travelling in that stateroom. Photos of other guests not travelling in your stateroom will be linked to their own stateroom. The following are not included in print and/or digital photo packages: Photos of others in your party not travelling in your stateroom; Group, Wedding, Quinces, Private Studio photography and other special occasion photography; Generic photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.; Any special printing or retouching requests. Cancellation requests must be processed in the first 48 hours of the cruise, after this all photo packages are non-refundable. Prices are subject to change without notice. Percentage discount is off of onboard prices. Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Valid only for the voyage for which it was purchased and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs. VAT has been included in the price where applicable. Offer applies to new pre-cruise purchases only and transactions must be completed no less than two days before the sailing. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships ‘registry: Bahamas.

Please let me know the answer you get from Royal. The language you quoted is what concerns me. I wonder if I can cancel the photo package onboard the ship (day one) if it doesn't work out how I was hoping it would?

• 1 month later...

I would also love to know if there have been any updated knowledge on the photo package. We are traveling with a group of 10 in September and I considered buying but wanted to make sure it would include group pictures as long as I am in the photo

anyone have an answer to this? Our family is also in 2 connected staterooms for our children.

If your children are adults they most likely will not let you have those photo's included in your package. We have had our teen children's pix included in our packages before. We have also been able to get a group photo or 2 included. Check your loyalty benefits sheet on board. Some times a complimentary picture is included.

I would speak to the photo staff on board and ask them these questions. RCL usually offers a reduced rate for packages purchased on the first day of a cruise. You will see the photo staff all over the place when you are boarding the ship.