Asking for Alternative to Hyatt Place 17th Street

laedw

Requested a room via ValueTrips.com and hotel website for a room on June 15. Received an email stating that the hotel is not available. Can anyone recommend a hotel in that vicinity? Need it for one night precruise. TIA

What is your budget?

Hyatt Place was offering $119 for one night including taxes. Our budget is $150.00. We wanted to stay within walking distance of Harbour Shops. We're currently looking at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale.

Hyatt Place was offering $119 for one night including taxes. Our budget is $150.00. We wanted to stay within walking distance of Harbour Shops. We're currently looking at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale.

In June you should be able to get anything on 17th Street for $150. It is off season so I'd expand your search a little. If you are getting in any time mid day, also look at hotels on the beach.

That was a great price for the Hyatt! Other nearby hotels close to your budget (the current prices on TripAdvisor) are Hilton Marina - $139; Crowne Plaza (but you have to cross a busy route 1 to get to the Harbor Shops) - $158; Four Points by Sheraton - $159; and the Renaissance - $169.

In June you should be able to get anything on 17th Street for $150. It is off season so I'd expand your search a little. If you are getting in any time mid day, also look at hotels on the beach.

I'm wondering if something special is going on that weekend because even the Holiday Inn Express is over $200 (as is the Embassy Suites).

I thought we could find a hotel in June within our range on 17th Street too but that’s not what I’m seeing online. Embassy Suites is $200+. The Renaissance is going for $160+.

That was a great price for the Hyatt! Other nearby hotels close to your budget (the current prices on TripAdvisor) are Hilton Marina - $139; Crowne Plaza (but you have to cross a busy route 1 to get to the Harbor Shops) - $158; Four Points by Sheraton - $159; and the Renaissance - $169.

I'm wondering if something special is going on that weekend because even the Holiday Inn Express is over $200 (as is the Embassy Suites).

I asked the Reservationist at the Hyatt Place and she didn't have an answer. They didn't have any rooms available for June 14 arrivals either!

Probably too late for you now, but just because one site doesn't have any rooms available, does not mean hotel is full. Might be worth ringing the hotel directly to ask for availability. Sometimes more expensive, othertimes cheaper.

I called the Hyatt Place and was given the same information - they did not have any rooms available for June 14 or 15.