Sydney port to airport questions

CruisinPashmina

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks and hi to everyone. I am having a wonderful time on The Shadow. She’s looking fine. The tours in NZ were terrific! Now in the Tasman Sea...kind of rough, but bearable! Looking forward to a Virtuoso excursion tomorrow in Hobart. Happy Holidays to all my CC pals!

CP, Hppy to hear your cruise was wonderful! I've been wondering how you went when you disembarked? Did you make it to the airport on time?

I’m really sorry that after all the helpful info from so many kind people, I haven’t responded with how it all went.

It was very tight and I became particularly anxious when the Shadow was so slow to clear. The authorities couldn’t board as scheduled because of some problem with the gangway not lining up properly. I had to watch this craziness while the clock ticked, ticked. Then the car I had ordered wasn’t right outside the terminal. That was remedied by a man who found my driver parked at a bit of a distance. We walked a few (more) minutes to his car. When I explained my situation he seemed to understand that this needed to be a very fast ride. Subsequently he drove a back way..further scaring me..but bless him, I arrived in the nic of time and was handled very efficiently and politely by both Australian officials and by American Airlines. From then on, during the first two segments, everything was actually pleasant. AA flies Dreamliners on this route, and in Business Class, these are fabulous planes. Cleared customs easily in Los Angeles, flew to Dallas/fort Worth and that’s where all pleasantness ended. The man seated next to me was a germ bomb who coughed and sneezed all over me. I knew I would get sick, and one day after I arrived home I came down with the TERRIBLE flu which has become so widespread and serious. It has taken me almost 3 weeks to get mostly back to normal.

All’s well that ends well, but it was a unusual series of travel difficulties brought on by my initial mistake in booking a flight much to close to the ship docking. I won’t make this kind of stupid mistake again!

Oh dear, poor Cruisin Pashmina

Do hope that you are getting back to 100% - I am afraid that Sir & Madame are still suffering slightly - not flu exactly, just a very bad chest infection and a shocking cough. Sir ended up by taking two lots of antibiotics, and they flew back at the beginning of December!!

Sir also suffered from a very pleasant lady who coughed all the way from Sydney to Singapore without using anything to stop the spread of germs - like a hand, or a handkerchief in front of her mouth, so it was inevitable, like you, that he succumbed.

However all on the up - hopefully, and and looking forward to our next adventure on the Discoverer in April.

Take care and keep well - until we all meet again.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

l

This flu/cold misery seems to be worldwide. My children/grandchildren in Nashville are all in various stages of illness. My family in Oxford U.K. are all on red alert, and others in my family are in NJ with fingers crossed. This thing, and variations is scary. All I have left is a tiny, constant cough, and a serious resentment of the germ bomb man who also didn’t use a hankerchief or make any effort to protect anyone else.

The Discoverer?? I’ll be so very interested in your experiences..in your usual perceptive detail..please!