Anyone skipped every port through choice?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:15 AM.
Sydney, Australia
1,494 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by mr walker
Tomorrow we are doing something like that - a music Harbour cruise. No port stops for us, unless I guess they run out of grog
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Have fun, and behave.
We had fun, & behaved. Great day, but very hot. The cruise covered the inner harbour ie west of the bridge & so went into bays etc that are not on 'normal' harbour cruises. The vessel was the 'Rythmboat'.

No port stops, plenty of food & entertainment & no shortage of drinks, although they ran out of limes, so not so different to a sea cruise

Just to stay with the nautical theme, on Sunday morning we walked from Darling Harbour thru the city down to the Quay to take a look at Solstice & then caught the ferry back to Pyrmont - good weekend!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming
Explorer OTS Mar/Apr '18 - Pacific Islands

Radiance OTS Jan/Feb '19 - NZ - Auckland to Sydney
======================
Completed
Voyager OTS Nov '17 - QLD Coastal
Sun Princess Mar/Apr '17 - Round Australia
Carnival Legend Dec'16/Jan'17 - New Year Cruise - Pacific Islands
Legend OTS Nov '16 Cruisin'Country#6
Explorer OTS Mar/Apr '16 - Pacific Islands & NZ
Carnival Spirit Oct/Nov '15 - Melbourne Cup Cruise
Voyager OTS Oct-Nov '13, Feb '15
Radiance OTS Jan '13
Rhapsody OTS Mar '11, Oct '11, Nov '12, Aug/Sep/Oct '14 B2B2B
Canberra Australia
40,601 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by mr walker
We had fun, & behaved. Great day, but very hot. The cruise covered the inner harbour ie west of the bridge & so went into bays etc that are not on 'normal' harbour cruises. The vessel was the 'Rythmboat'.

No port stops, plenty of food & entertainment & no shortage of drinks, although they ran out of limes, so not so different to a sea cruise

Just to stay with the nautical theme, on Sunday morning we walked from Darling Harbour thru the city down to the Quay to take a look at Solstice & then caught the ferry back to Pyrmont - good weekend!!!
Good job, Mr walker. Glad you had a fabulous time.
Adelaide, Australia
611 Posts
Joined May 2013
About 5 years ago when we did the Baltic sea, there was a group of ladies who would never get off the ship. Used the port days to have the Lotus spa to themselves, getting their hair, face, nails etc done ready for dinner. At the time I thought they were crazy, given the amazing destinations we were stopping at. But having gone around umpteen times before, the thing they looked forward to the most was booting us all off at port.

I'm starting to see the appeal...

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UpComming Cruises
Sapphire Princess - Dec 17
Golden Princess - Jan 18
Crystal Serenity - Sept 18
Perth Australia
5,142 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Ok splurged out on the drinks package,woke up at 2am in a panic with the dreamy anxiety thought "what was I thinking!" lol $1480 We cant drink that much!

Anyway I will let you all know how 10 nights no ports was like "hic"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Canberra Australia
40,601 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by fishtaco
Ok splurged out on the drinks package,woke up at 2am in a panic with the dreamy anxiety thought "what was I thinking!" lol $1480 We cant drink that much!

Anyway I will let you all know how 10 nights no ports was like "hic"
If you can remember anyway.
Perth Australia
5,142 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by MicCanberra
If you can remember anyway.
I will remember that much money on alcohol forever!

Now I just need to convince myself it is worth every cent for convenience alone!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Canberra Australia
40,601 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by fishtaco
I will remember that much money on alcohol forever!

Now I just need to convince myself it is worth every cent for convenience alone!
Good luck, maybe book your self in for a detox session after the cruise straight away.