Live from Navigator...1st leg of world cruise

crusin7

Hi Rachel.. I went outside on our deck at 0615. I didn't see anything except my head almost blowing off in the wind. ��

Bummer, though we were on the other side of the island down by Wailea when we saw all the whales. Apparently the mamas bring their babies there as the water is shallower.

We turned in our tour tickets for the Maui Pineapple Tour and got our bus assignment. Later it was announced that the tour company just called and cancelled. Destination Services handled it admirably. Within 5 minutes we were rebooked for the Iao Valley & Maui Ocean Center.

This would not have been my first choice but we lucked out. Our guide was excellent. He should do stand up comedy.

Iao Needlecfaa9d4cf62dc156917f005e4364c867.jpg

It was very windy!c2a73dce78e70cc7e55ffd0771a4439d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crisy, I think you lucked up on changing your tour. Having been to the Maui Pineapple Farm, it's a dud. The Ocean Center is a marvelous place, been there twice and love it. I love eating in the restaurant and enjoying the view of the harbor. The pina colada was the icing on the cake!!

Thank you Beth! I'm glad we switched. I forgot to mention that it was cold in Ioa Valley. The Ocean Center was so windy & cool people were buying long sleeved shirts and sweatshirts.

Here you go Sheila!34abc9687461b5e0748e11e3baf1625f.jpg

Good morning! Leaving Maui we knew we would have rough seas due to gale force winds. The Hawaiian dinner we were to have on the pool deck was cancelled because of high winds. We were asked if we wanted Prime 7 instead. There was movement on board but it wasn't the nauseating type for us. Apparently many people had cancelled their reservations.

We had a lovely dinner.

I woke up many times throughout the night. The ship is bouncing a lot! Then it gives a "shudder". The information on the TV says "Rough Mounting Seas". I've never seen that before. 14.8 foot waves. When everyone on the ship was sick the second night it said "Wavelets".

I hope to never see that again.

Thank you Beth! I'm glad we switched. I forgot to mention that it was cold in Ioa Valley. The Ocean Center was so windy & cool people were buying long sleeved shirts and sweatshirts.

Here you go Sheila!34abc9687461b5e0748e11e3baf1625f.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Wonderful memories for us. Enjoy! Wishing for calm seas for you and your shipmates!!

Sheila

I did the Atlantis sub tour and thoroughly enjoyed it - and being in Lahaina!

Peggy

We did the Atlantis sub also, the second departure. Did you see the pair of Great White Sharks resting in he sand under the ship? It was a good tour.

Agree with Crusin 7 that the Destinations group are really doing a good job in sorting out any issues. We canceled the Best of Maui tour after we boarded when we found out the itinerary had been changed. The Atlantis tour was waitlisted by then, but we made the cut the night before the tour.

At 10:40 ship's time seas are 14.8 feet and wind is 38.8 knots, fresh gale, with rain squalls. The outside deck 5 is closed, but haven't been up top this morning

Carolyn

Edited by cwn

Unfortunately we had to encounter the ships medical services last night. The physician Juan, could not have been nicer. Erma & Grace the nurses were terrific. My husband pulled a muscle in his thigh and couldn't walk. Because of his past surgical history we needed to confirm it wasn't more serious. He is now on bed rest. b7f5f93c16a03d39804f177a9a1153bb.jpg

The ship is bouncing like crazy. Last nights show was cancelled. TV says large waves 11.5 feet. Wind speed ...hang on to your hats! Our butler said this weather will remain the same until we reach our next port on Monday, Nuku Hiva.

Great photos and commentary. Thanks for taking the time to share!

It is an itinerary we’d like to enjoy some day. Is there a best/better winter month for calmer Pacific seas?

We went mid November and it was bad, not as bad as current cruise but, I swear it was worse (colder, windier) than when we cruised to Alaska.

At least your husband has a few days to recover before seeing land again. If I had to be on bed rest, I would want to be on a Regent ship!

Absolutely! The service has been fantastic. It feels like the seas have calmed down a bit. Captain said tomorrow should be less wind.

The seas are less turbulent. The pool and the jacuzzi have been filled. The decks have been opened.

Compass Rose had a Galley Lunch Buffet. It was very well attended.

bc24005c5e4e66702ed4ebd9e14fa735.jpg

Freshly made pasta! Yummy29d99468a6f111327840a4703e228af1.jpg

Cherries Jubileecda96d9768fc0a6bfa574022e357e184.jpg

Not only power, but we lost all the diesel generators for a while and were dead in the water. We are moving right along again now. Agree it was handled very well with frequent updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not only power, but we lost all the diesel generators for a while and were dead in the water. We are moving right along again now. Agree it was handled very well with frequent updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like the Navigator in the early part of this century. This was a common occurrence. I know that many of you love the Navigator, however, she has issues that no one has been able to fix. This is concerning and a reason why perhaps she should be sold.