NOLA lodging

mbw1024

Looking for a place to stay in January. A special birthday gift for my boyfriend, not cruise related. Would prefer a small Inn over a chain hotel. Any suggestions?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;10;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Coral Princess Birthday Cruise!

WE have visited New Orleans a number of times in the last 15 years and have stayed at the following hotels, all of them either in or very near the French Quarter. We generally park our car and get a pass for 3 days that lets you use the trollies and the bus system that runs around the New Orleans area.

Here is a great web site for researching hotels anywhere but I have this link pointed at New Orleans.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60864-New_Orleans_Louisiana-Vacations.html

The hotels we have stayed include the Hotel Provincial, Prince Conti Hotel, St. Ann/Marie Antoinette Hotel and the Ambassador Hotel. The Ambassador was a little further away across Canal from the French Quarter than the others although as a former coffee warehouse converted to hotel it was an interesting place to stay. All three of the others have the same relatively small rooms usually with period style furnishing and bathrooms that are still from the 1940's or 1950's. That was probably their biggest downfall as far as a longer, 2 or more day stay. But location in New Orleans is definitely worth something and being able to not have to drive is a real plus.

There are many many hotels at the web site above with reviews from people who have stayed at most of them. There are a lot of small B&B's. I think that is what we are going to try on our next trip.

Have a great next trip.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib

Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib

HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib

Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib

HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal

RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib

Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib

HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib

Golden Princess 07/03 Med

Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib

HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

• 3 weeks later...

Try the Corn Stalk hotel which is a bed & Breakfast in the quarters or Prytania Park Hotel (this is not really a hotel as they look like slave quarters next to each other. Prytania is located off of St. Charles Ave. in the garden district of New Orleans. It is a far walk from the quarters but they have the street car that runs up and down St. Charles Ave.

Hi,

I live here in New Orleans and reccomend the Maison Dupuy for a small courtyard hotel with charm.

A larger non chain hotel -- oldest in the french qtr. with lots of history and charm The Monteleone.

Have a wonderful time

When we went to NOLA for our cruise 18 months ago, we stayed at the Castle Inn Of New Orleans.

It is a large B&B in the Garden District. It's got a history of ghost activity inside...although we were only there one night, and saw no signs of spirit activity, we loved the ambiance.

They have a web site it is

castleinnofneworleans.com.

Check it out!! I highly recommend it!

NO is great. You will love it!!

Halos, I LOVE that website! First time I've been to it, and the music is great, 'specially the ghost music. Y'know, I'm from N.O., but have never even been inside the inn. (Note to self - check it out.) THX.

• 2 weeks later...

I would check into Travel packages for New Orleans. Several travel agents have packages that include dinner, drinks, and brunch at several famous New Orleans places. Look for a New Orleans travel agent, sorry ours just retired, so I have not found a new one. Doing a hotel and dinner on your own will cost a lot more. Anything with the Fairmont, and Sunday brunch there would be really nice. We love to stay there. I wouldn't stay there without a package, or it will cost you an arm and a leg. Good luck.

Cathy

Archived