how to call/text with US phone

shemp2000

Can someone tell me exactly what i enter to text or call with a US based International Att plan...

To text someone in France when I am located in the US

To text someone in France when I am on travel in France

To call someone in France when I am on trvel in France

If this has been discussed before I apologize

Can someone tell me exactly what i enter to text or call with a US based International Att plan...

To text someone in France when I am located in the US

To text someone in France when I am on travel in France

To call someone in France when I am on trvel in France

If this has been discussed before I apologize

Important to know the exact rates, details of your plan unless international is unlimited for all countries. Makes sense to double check. But I’m pretty sure even I can text for free to France or another country and I have Verizon Wireless which finally has an “unlimited” plan though it’s not truly unlimited.

So to call/text France from the US simply enter in the country code, French region code, the actual phone number and either hit “call” or “send” to transmit the text. If you were texting/calling in Paris it would typically look like this: 33-1-xx-xx-xx-xx

1 is the code for the Paris region; for another region in Paris there will simply be another digit for that region.

If you wish to telephone FROM within France back to the US or to other numbers in France, Europe or elsewhere, again you need to refer to your AT&T calling plan for details and your phone. Androids can be easier to use overseas than iPhones but it depends on how you wish to use them. Also, there are many workarounds for overcoming possible iPhone “limitations” that might exist.

It’s also possible to send messages and make calls with a number of free, secure apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp (owned by Facebook) and Signal. I use Signal, it’s known for great message encryption and doesn’t drain your phone battery the way WhatsApp does. Only catch with these apps is that anyone you wish to contact using these apps must also have these apps.

It’s not a problem to ask this question again, it hasn’t been asked here in awhile but we do get it from time to time. It might be helpful to run a search of this thread to read some of the other previous replies from our always helpful members. I know others have posted that also have been AT&at customers too but definitely do check the terms of your plan before calling to avoid any misunderstandings and a too large phone bill!

:)

Bonne chance