john barron CD

sea goupie

That's really unfortunate. John was CD on our last cruise on Sojourn in June, and we were hoping to see him on a segment of the world cruise too.

We thought he was an excellent CD and loved his singing voice.

Curious to know who will replace him on the world cruise.

All the best to him in whatever he's doing next.

John resigned from his position as CD almost 2 months ago. His last cruise was on the Quest, Oct. 6th, Barcelona to Piraeus. After over a decade working on ships, John decided to pursue another career opportunity which allows him to spend time on land. His new position is in the mass media marketing arena with public visibility, requiring some travel, but a lot more time at home to spend with his family.

Thank you. I don't think I'm familiar with Jan so will search some threads here so we know what to expect.

I am confident you will love Jan also. She is a lot of fun, has a wicked sense of humour and a great singing voice as well.

I am confident you will love Jan also. She is a lot of fun, has a wicked sense of humour and a great singing voice as well.

Your gain - our loss. Agree with Laylam about Jan. We had a great time with her as CD on Pride in the Norwegian fjords a couple of years ago. We were looking forward to seeing her again on Legend on 3 March from Hong Kong to Singapore and on to Dubai. Anybody with an ear closer to the ground in Seattle know who will be replacing her?

Although I'm gutted that John has moved on to pastures new, Jan will be a fabulous replacement...I first met her on the Sojourn World Cruise in 2011, we were lucky enough to be on her table at the Gala Dinner in LA and that started a friendship that lasted the 111 days of the cruise.

Love, love, love John and word is that he wants to be nearer his young family. He is going with QVC Britain according to the onboard "news links". Best of luck to him. BTW, Jan Stearman fell and "crunched" her shoulder the first day of the World Cruise. We met with Dan, her husband, and the accident had not yet happened. As a result, Jan has not been seen on the cruise. We all wish her the best and hold good thoughts for her speedy recovery. Meanwhile, we are in the very capable hands of Sophie and Heather. Everything onboard (as reported elsewhere here) is Seabourn (in other words perfect) so far. Wish you were here (433 onboard this segment).