Venice hotel

adammovies

I can’t recommend a hotel in Venice but if cost is a concern, I can suggest an alternative.

We stayed at the Bestwestern airvenice but I would consider the crown plaza also in quarto d’altino They offered a free shuttle from the airport if you arrived before 11pm.

The crown plaza is across the street from the train station and it is a 20 minute train ride to Venice S Lucia. The Bestwestern is a 10 minute walk through a safe neighbourhood. The hotels offered a shuttle at $10eu per person to the cruise port. You just tell them at check in.

There are two ways to approach this.

The usual way is to pick one of the hotels right at or very near Piazzale Roma, which is easy to access from the airport by bus or taxi, and close to the cruise port.

The other option is to stay closer to the center of activity in Venice, but that can be a pain if you have a lot of luggage. The way around this is to pack everything you need for your two nights in the city in a small, easy to carry back and leave the rest of your cruise luggage at the left luggage office at Piazzale Roma. You have to pass right by on your way to the cruise port anyway, so it's not out of your way.

https://trasbagagli.it/en/pg/view/53/luggage-storage-venice-piazzale-roma-airport

There are hotels in the Piazzale Roma vicinity that are easily & economically accessed from the airport (via ATVO bus which has luggage storage under the bus or ACTV Aerobus) and, Piazzale Roma is where one takes the people mover over to the cruise port.

In the Piazzale Roma area, I have stayed at both the Santa Chiara and Ca Doge (neither of which have any bridges that you would need to cross with your luggage).

I have also stayed at the Arlecchino with only one bridge to cross.

You will find excellent hotel advice here: http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/venice-hotels.htm

and all transportation advice from Marco Polo to Venice here: http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice_airport_buses.htm

There are hotels in the Piazzale Roma vicinity that are easily & economically accessed from the airport (via ATVO bus which has luggage storage under the bus or ACTV Aerobus) and, Piazzale Roma is where one takes the people mover over to the cruise port.

In the Piazzale Roma area, I have stayed at both the Santa Chiara and Ca Doge (neither of which have any bridges that you would need to cross with your luggage).

I have also stayed at the Arlecchino with only one bridge to cross.

You will find excellent hotel advice here: http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/venice-hotels.htm

and all transportation advice from Marco Polo to Venice here: http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice_airport_buses.htm

Thank you

I'm looking for a hotel two nights before the cruise in Venice. A hotel that's easy to get to from the airport. I know water taxi are expensive.

There are Alilaguna water buses very cheap and very nice way of transport around Venice. just book any hotel close to Alilaguna stop . I prefer to stay in Canarrigeo side its only 15 min walk to St.Marco . Venice taxi is expensive but you will never forget this ride:hearteyes:

We are staying at the Hotel Becher in April. Yes the water taxi is expensive but this is a one time experience. Have been to Venice many years ago with a tour company, a do remember our trek from San Marcos to our hotel with just a carry on. This time we will have all our luggage from our cruise, so no way would we drag our luggage thru the streets of Venice. We picked this hotel because of the location and a private dock to be Dropped off from our ship and picked up to the airport on our departure.

A more budget friendly option is to stay in Mestre, which is on the mainland, just across the causeway from venice. There is a nonstop ATVO airport express bus to Mestre train station and you can easily reach Venice by train or bus in 10 minutes for under 5E.

Look in the veniceforvisitors web site for Mestre recommendations.

Another option is to stay on Lido. Another island. Hotels are cheaper and so is food. We just did this. Flew in, and took the Alilugana to Lido. 15 euro per person.Stayed at the Hotel Riviera, across the road from the dock. Bought vaporetto passes (Venice bus system) to get to the main tourist attractions. Very easy. You can take the vaporetto to Piazlle Roma and then the people mover to the cruise terminal. Hotel was nice, but get a room off the street. Noisy bar across the street. Good breakfast. We have also stayed at the Best Western Sant Elana, at the end of the island. Very nice. Very quiet. In a peaceful, trees, residential area. Check out the vaporetto, Alilugana, and water taxis. All different.

A more budget friendly option is to stay in Mestre, which is on the mainland, just across the causeway from venice. There is a nonstop ATVO airport express bus to Mestre train station and you can easily reach Venice by train or bus in 10 minutes for under 5E.

Look in the veniceforvisitors web site for Mestre recommendations.

This^^^^^

We stayed in Mestre at Hotel Tritone and it was a convenient place to stay. The train station and bus into Venice was across the street and was IIRC ~€1pp, took less than 10min. Hotel was nice with one of the best breakfast buffet I have seen in a European hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm looking for a hotel two nights before the cruise in Venice. A hotel that's easy to get to from the airport. I know water taxi are expensive.

We just returned from a 12 night Med cruise from Barcelona to Venice. We stayed at the Hotel Santa Chiara and could not have been more satisfied with our stay. The hotel is beautiful and is EASILY reached by taxi from the airport as Piazzale Roma is accessible by taxis and buses. The vaporetto station at Ple. Roma is literally around the corner from the hotel, which also makes getting around Venice super easy. Buy a vaporetto pass for the 2 days you are there and you will save. Cost of the taxi, shared with another couple from the hotel to the airport was 60 Euros. Cost of a taxi (in our case FROM the port) was 20 Euros.

We recommend (and stayed at) the BW Hotel Olimpia. It's a short walk over one bridge from Piazzle Roma and within walking distance to the People Mover to get you to your ship. Take the ATVO airport bus to Piazza Roma, walk 200 feet to your hotel. Couldn't be easier.

From the P. Roma, you can catch the Vaparetto #1 or #2 down the Grand Canal to San Marco.

• 1 month later...