Survey from surveydirect

garyb(uk)

We look forward to welcoming you on board your first RSSC voyage next year!

You are correct, we have also sent the survey to Future Booked guests as we acknowledge you will ultimately become Past Guests in due course.

Not next year Jason - NEXT MONTH ;p 21st June

Given Jason's assurances, I dug the email out of my spam box and completed the survey. Not to worry if you haven't sailed Regent before. It's not about the Regent experience. It's an "understand your market" survey. While it doesn't really ask for commentary about Regent per se, it does ask a lot of [multiple choice] questions about what drives your purchase decisions. It's worth giving that feedback if you'd like to see Regent go (or continue) in your favored directions.

Even though the amateurish, red flag-laden, email was off-putting, the survey itself is very well-constructed, if a bit lengthy.

no such luck for me, must have permanently deleted it. No free cruise for me :D

I got an email yesterday from Regent apologizing for the earlier error and providing the link again. I don't know if this link will work for you (it doesn't for me, probably because I already completed the survey), but here it is: http://ns10.askia.com/Webprod/cgi-bin/AskiaExt.dll?Action=DoInterview&Survey=GYJAVZSYWGXLCYHF&Intvw=DXIJIESZLDKBDVAL

After the follow up email, I started the survey. I probably got half way through and found it WAY too long and complicated. I bailed out in the middle. I really don't understand these survey companies expecting a person to invest that much time and energy with no payback. I don't consider a CHANCE to win something a payback. Surveys are fine if short and simple. Just my opinion!

I got the correction from Regent and completed the survey. Sorry I did. It was annoyingly long, and obviously very focused (like a focus group, lol). They were trying to drill down on wording and what's most important. But as usual the survey had little flexibility, and sometimes when asked to choose one box, I wanted to say, "none of the above", but couldn't.

There was one long series of questions where they had a list of things important to you on a cruise, and you had to select which one was most and least important. There were probably 10 total items, and about 5 presented each time, so they were really trying to get at what was important to you, but in the most boring, repetitive way. Hate these things, and it's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Don't you wonder why Regent would contract for such a poor survey? They get (and supposedly consider) tens of thousands of Comment Cards every year with the info correlatable to ship, itinerary and a lot of demogaphics on the guests.Also, they could (probably do) read and consider the info on Regent's CC posts. It should readily be apparent what is (and isn't) important to "past guests".

I got the correction from Regent and completed the survey. Sorry I did. It was annoyingly long, and obviously very focused (like a focus group, lol). They were trying to drill down on wording and what's most important. But as usual the survey had little flexibility, and sometimes when asked to choose one box, I wanted to say, "none of the above", but couldn't.

There was one long series of questions where they had a list of things important to you on a cruise, and you had to select which one was most and least important. There were probably 10 total items, and about 5 presented each time, so they were really trying to get at what was important to you, but in the most boring, repetitive way. Hate these things, and it's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

+1 Similar experience.

Very glad to be asked to complete a survey for Regent and, having started, decided I ought to finish it and submit ................ but unfortunately I don't think Regent (or I) are going to gain any benefit from the survey results :(

I differ from what seems the prevailing opinion. I thought that the survey was well-structured to produce what a vendor like Regent would be seeking. Asking the same question several different ways is generally considered a best practice for market surveying. They want to know how to appeal to new customers by asking what appeals to existing customers.

That being said, the lack of a "none of the above" option on some questions was a problem (particularly where they offered two marketing blurbs, and all I wanted to say was "don't use the one with the bad grammar"). And the survey definitely was too long.

I differ from what seems the prevailing opinion. I thought that the survey was well-structured to produce what a vendor like Regent would be seeking. Asking the same question several different ways is generally considered a best practice for market surveying. They want to know how to appeal to new customers by asking what appeals to existing customers.

That being said, the lack of a "none of the above" option on some questions was a problem (particularly where they offered two marketing blurbs, and all I wanted to say was "don't use the one with the bad grammar"). And the survey definitely was too long.

Agree that the best marketing surveys ask the same questions in several different ways. It is a shame that people are not completing them. On the other hand, those that do not complete the survey stand no chance of winning a cruise!

Agree that the best marketing surveys ask the same questions in several different ways. It is a shame that people are not completing them. On the other hand, those that do not complete the survey stand no chance of winning a cruise!

I'm a curmudgeon.... I chose not to participate -- especially when hearing how long the survey is. Both marketing data and my time are very valuable (to different people for different reasons). I find the chance for a cruise when I don't know the denominator on potential pool of respondents to adequate compensation for my time and info.

I'm a curmudgeon.... I chose not to participate -- especially when hearing how long the survey is. Both marketing data and my time are very valuable (to different people for different reasons). I find the chance for a cruise when I don't know the denominator on potential pool of respondents to adequate compensation for my time and info.

Good point!