New Cruise Terminal for Sydney finally

Looking at it from a strictly shipping point of view , the new mega ships need space . In order to have a 1 day turnaround they need one level for servicing requirements, one level for debarking and a third for embarking.

Its looks more and more that the choice will come down to Botany Bay or Newcastle.....where a new purpose built facility could become the cruising hub of the South Pacific.

When we started cruising they would show you to your cabin, ahhhhh those were the days

Titanic, circa 1912, Mr Gut ? :hearteyes: Sea Water baths and a butler for your Pimms.

A new cruise terminal for Sydney - Wow!!! I think the terminology is 'not in my lifetime'. Look how long it took to make a decision in relation to a second airport. A decision will all be very well, but I wonder if they will ever get around to building it - the cruise terminal that is.

I am more or less over hearing about them 'investigating' a solution for an additional Sydney terminal. Why has all this money been spent (and is continuing to be spent) when there has been no solid outcome or even a hint at an outcome. Wasn't there an options report of sorts lodged with the NSW Government last year? What happened to that? Honestly, its not as if this really needs to be investigated - the only two options are Garden Island and Port Botany, and both of them have their pitfalls... but the Government just seems to be skipping around these two options in hopes that a third one will magically appear out of the mist. Its time to start making some concrete decisions.

Hey $300k is only 1 or 2 shineybums for a year or a 6 week consultancy. Gotta be money well spent! :D

Cheers