Seafood Buffet - need to know more :)

kjbacon

I’ve been trying to do a crash course in the great food options on our upcoming Journey cruise. I’ve learned that it’s likely there will a Seafood Buffet on our first night. Since we had planned to do a specialty restaurant that night and we love seafood, I’m hoping someone can help with more detailed info.

I could talk about food day and night if you haven’t already noticed lol. I’m going to need a clipboard upon boarding to sort all of this deliciousness out and make my ressies!!

What seafood dishes are offered on the buffet?

I think some of this you are going to have to wait and see and this is one of them. I have been to this buffet many times and it is always different depends on what the Chef has sourced. I have seen things like Fritto Misto sometimes, tuna steaks, sometimes the chef is doing seafood pasta, sometimes it is something else.

My advice is have some general ideas on where you are going to eat but just go with the flow.

The big thing about Azamara, they change and flex the buffets and specials depending on what they have sourced locally. We have shopped with the Chef in a local market and have watched him even flip his ideas between aisles in the market. So whilst you can look online at the more static menus, no one can tell you what will actually happen on your cruise in relation to the buffets and specials

I’ve been trying to do a crash course in the great food options on our upcoming Journey cruise. I’ve learned that it’s likely there will a Seafood Buffet on our first night. Since we had planned to do a specialty restaurant that night and we love seafood, I’m hoping someone can help with more detailed info.

I could talk about food day and night if you haven’t already noticed lol. I’m going to need a clipboard upon boarding to sort all of this deliciousness out and make my ressies!!

What seafood dishes are offered on the buffet?

LOL! I’m glad I’m not the only food obsessed person. I always want to know what to expect food-wise.

As I have mentioned, we are doing an unusual itinerary of Charleston, SC and Hamilton, Bermuda with some sea days. When we are in Bermuda we will be eating ashore as we have some favorite restaurants there, but I’m planning for the other days and I want to make sure to fit everything in.

We are considering the 3 meal dining package that includes 1 meal in each of the specialty restaurants plus another night where we can choose one or the other. We figure with adding in the seafood buffet and some meals in the main restaurant, that should be a nice mix.

Also wondering when our White Night is likely to be. From what I have heard, we don’t want to miss that.

We might want to eat in Charleston as well, but lunch is more likely than dinner. I’m really excited about this itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You and I can talk food forever! Your itinerary sounds cool with Charleston and Bermuda. Charleston is a great food town.

I read that the White Night Party is likely to be on a night that you are in port. I’m guessing that ours will be one of the nights that we are in St Petersburg. Sounds like so much fun!