Tickets are in for N 616

Past it

glad to hear you will have your tickets in your hot little hands tomorrow pastit. Just 4weeks to go. Have you planned any shore trips yet? Are you one of those that have packed then unpacked then packed again? I think I will be one of those when we do our first next year.

Guys, I will be glad to get them,but I expect they will be the same info I got last year.I still have the book of tours.There are not to many islands we are going to that require tours.My daughter and I are not getting to excited in front of grandson as he hasn't received his passport back yet :( so still waiting for it.I don't want to leave him behind and tell him he can't come.

Hi,

I sail from Southampton UK on 12 th May - 3 weeks today on Arcadia:)

Its our first cruise to celebrate our silver wedding anniv, been booked since last june, at last its nearly here.

Anyone interested in Arcadia the new child free ship and has any questions let me know and i'll post on my return.

Sailing to Canaries.

Have a balcony stateroom - soooooooo excited:D

Sue

Thats great Libra sue,I can't imagine how excited you must be.I've been on a few small cruises which are exciting but the big one is later this year from Barcelona on Voyager,it will be my first sight of a Mega ship and balcony cabin too. :eek: I will be coming over your way too,well to UK not Bristol :) Have a great time...Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Yippee you got your tickets. I missed the TA today, too busy. They still haven't rang me yet anyway. I will call them on Monday and pick them up...can't wait. :)

Oh my goodness...you are still waiting on your grandsons passport. That is taking its time! We all applied for ours and had them (both ours and the kids) within 7 days. It was so quick, we were shocked. So I'm sure it can't be too far away now.

Less than 4 weeks now...........it's getting very exciting.

Let me know what tours you decide on.

Regards,

Annette :D

Hi Annette, See your still up at this late hour,you must be truly addicted too:D I have been reading the tour book.All the other info is the same as I had before.I made a special trip in to get them as I have a busy week next and it is a holiday on the tue too.I am going to start packing stuff in the case tomm. I bought new bathers too today. So I will have 2 pairs ..cheers Brenda

Wow you are keen. Packing already! Gee I haven't even decided which bags we will all be taking. I most likely won't start packing till probably 2 days before. I will finish up work on the Thursday just before we leave so will have the house to myself (kids at school, hubby at work) and i will do it then, I really am a hopeless packer too. I leave it till the last minute and pack far too much (just in case) yep I'm one of "those" packers.

Hubby is home tomorrow so he will ring up TA to see if our tickets are there. I do hope so as Tuesday is a public holiday so we would have to wait till Wednesday. I'm now getting impatient.:)

Do you know if the dining area at night is air conditioned? not sure weather long pants would be too hot to wear in the evening.

Good luck with the passport too, hope it arrives this week.;)

The dining are is certainly air conditioned as are all public areas on the ship. Long pants will be fine. I wore long pants & button up shirt. I never wore a cardigan, jumper or jacket. There was the occassional time where a light jacket may have come in handy but I never had a problem not having one.

Karen

Woo Hoo...got my tickets yesterday. How exciting!!

Now it all seems real. Have tickets, will travel!!

We are busily going through the tours and not really sure which ones to do yet. Maybe a short tour in Vila as I plan on doing some shopping there so don't want to waste my time on tours.

Must say not really impressed with the extra note in there that says not alcohol is to be taken on board to be consumed. Only duty free alcohol which will be taken off you and given back when back in Sydney.

Oh well still excited anyway :D

Its nice having the tickets in your hand isn't it! :D What tours have you picked Robinsonscruisers.I let my daughter choose as I have been before,she wants the Submersible fish watching one in Vila and later the Escarup village one,which I did last year and it is very informative.That still leaves us all afternoon to shop. Which won't take that long anyway. I might still hire a driver to give us a bit of a look round too.For Lifou we are doing the Cliffs of Jokin. That should be enough. I will fax it off tommorow. No Passport yet! When does anyone recomend I start taking the Phenergan for Motion sickness?? I never took anything before and was fine onboard but suffered for months with Vertigo,in fact I still have it. Someone suggested I should of taken stuff a few weeks before,during and after for a while. So going to try that this time and see if it makes a difference. Will see Doc soon for some.

How long have you been waiting for this passport Brenda? Have you checked the passport office website to see if they have finished it? As for seasickness, I made the kids take kwells about 1/2 hour before sailing (DH & I didn't bother). On the 2nd last sea day it was a bit rough so I gave our 10yo (he's the one that suffers from car sickness) a kwells as soon as he got up. The 15yo one also decided to take one. The 10yo vomitted in kids club. I then gave him phenergen and we took him to the medical centre. This was mainly to rule out GI, otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed back in kids club. Because it was only seasickness & the doc didn't have to give him anything (coz I already had) it didn't cost us anything & he was allowed back in kids club imediately. He was fine after that. When the kids club rang to say he'd been sick, they suggested giving him a green apple which we did. I think it may have helped. Apart from that, we were all ok.

Karen

Hi Karmac,GS passport has been 6 weeks and 4 days.Daughters came back in a week. His is a bit complicated as we haven't got the "fathers" sig Someone rang yest from Pas Office but D wasn't home so when she rang back got answering machine and today P.H .so will ring tommorow. I hope its good news not bad :eek:. A bit miffed with her as we have had this booked for 12m and only started getting passports 6 weeks ago. I will need a holiday to get my stress level down :mad:

Hi Karmac,GS passport has been 6 weeks and 4 days.Daughters came back in a week. His is a bit complicated as we haven't got the "fathers" sig Someone rang yest from Pas Office but D wasn't home so when she rang back got answering machine and today P.H .so will ring tommorow. I hope its good news not bad :eek:. A bit miffed with her as we have had this booked for 12m and only started getting passports 6 weeks ago. I will need a holiday to get my stress level down :mad:

Our passports took 10 days from interview date to receipt & that included 2 weekends but we didn't have the problem of fathers sig. Hope you get it soon. You'll be relaxing on the Sun before you know it.

Karen

Phew!! Passport office rang and said, alls well and its on its way :D :D :D :D So now we can really let our hair down. I've been making appts for all those beauty things to be done before I leave. (I'm very high Maitenance!!) Is anyone else having a tan done. I did last time. My cousin had hers done on the ship but it came off on the sheets and clothes,where as mine ,not a trace came off.With work is so hard to fit all the things to be done last minute.....Brenda

WooHoo, Finally picked up our tickets. Our tickets don't have cabin numbers on them, does anyone else know their cabin number yet?

Hoping that maybe we might get an upgrade???

Our requested cabin number has been on cruise personaliser for ages, but someone told us that when we ring to confirm day before the cruise we will get our cabin number. Not sure if that's true though.

Phew!! Passport office rang and said, alls well and its on its way :D :D :D :D So now we can really let our hair down. I've been making appts for all those beauty things to be done before I leave. (I'm very high Maitenance!!) Is anyone else having a tan done. I did last time. My cousin had hers done on the ship but it came off on the sheets and clothes,where as mine ,not a trace came off.With work is so hard to fit all the things to be done last minute.....Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Yes I am "high maintenance" too. I am going to have a manicure, pedicure, new hair colour, cut etc and also a spray tan done. I have never had a spray tan done I usually do it myself with the bottle but I am sooooo white at the moment that I thought I would go to a salon far away from my house (to save embarrasement as you usually just wear your nickers) and get a spray tan done. I currently have regrowth with my hair colour which i am trying to hang out till the week before we go to get done so I can't wait for that to be done.

I also plan on maybe having a treatment or two done on the ship for myself as a 'treat'. Why not I say.....we are on holidays after all.

Glad to hear that your grandson's passport is finally on its way. :)

Our cabin number is printed on our tickets. We did request the centre outside cabin and paid for an upgrade to Upper deck I am assuming this is correct and where we will be. Very happy about that. We are very fussy when we travel to get a quiet room away from lifts, laundries etc as we come from a rural property and are used to silence at night so struggle to sleep anywhere noisy. :)

:eek: Oh Dear! Annette it seems we must be neighbors then as that is where we are! So there goes your peace and quiet. :p :D Don't forget you earplugs as I snore (so they tell me)

Wow there you go!!

We are on Upper deck looking at the plan in brochure right hand side of ship almost in the centre of the ship in an outside cabin. We booked with 2 other families and we requested adjoining rooms, must check if they all have their cabin numbers. If there is a cabin number on my ticket will that be "the" cabin or may they change us on boarding?

I faxed our tours off last night we requested the Melenesian Encounter and the Ekasup Cultural Village tour. Both the first tour times available. I do hope we get them It will be great for the kids to see other cultures and how they live. Hopefully the will learn to appreciate what we have then.

Well off to work. Whilst there I shall book hairdresser and beautician for my overhaul. LOL.

Wow only 3 weeks this weekend. Woo Hoo.....I am getting very excited now.:D

Archived