Jewel Alert...Robo Calls...Dec.5th Sailing now Dec.6th

jaja

We were to sail tomorrow...just got robo call....Jewel delayed leaving dry dock...will not arrive in NYC till Monday....:(

Called NCL...the rep knew nothing about it......:mad:

(and for some of us....this was already a change from cancelled Gem cruise of 12/4!!!!!!)

I am still trying to get details.........

Wow, what does that mean for you? Will NCL pick up the cost of the night that is missed or something. Sorry you are going through this. Hope the rest of your vacation is great!

Since the NCL rep I called said all was well :confused:--I am going to call again and speak to someone else......as others on this sailing are doing now.....

Instead of being dropped off sunday am, no traffic, now have to drive into NYC traffic monday am. Nothing on NCL website as yet on delay.

:confused:

2:23 and there is information posted on the website now.........

I'm sorry this affected the 12/5 group. :(

Itinerary time changes........

The ship will now call in Port Canaveral, Florida on Wednesday, December 8 from 8 am to 8 pm and in Nassau, Bahamas on Thursday, December 9 from noon to 1 am

Dear Guests,

We just issued the information regarding Norwegian Jewel (see below). We apologize if your agent did not yet have the updated information at the time you called. All agents should be aware at this point and it is on our web site: http://www.ncl.com.

I've pasted all the information below.

We are truly sorry about this delay and appreciate your understanding.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Attention Guests on Norwegian Jewel's 12/5 Sailing from New York:

Because of a late departure from dry dock, Norwegian Jewel will not arrive into New York on Sunday, December 5 as scheduled. The ship is now estimated to arrive into New York on Monday morning.

Therefore, embarkation for guests sailing on Norwegian Jewel’s December 5 Bahamas & Florida cruise is delayed and will begin at 8 am on Monday, December 6. The ship is scheduled to depart New York at noon on Monday.

Norwegian Jewel’s itinerary has been changed to accommodate the new departure time. The ship will now call in Port Canaveral, Florida on Wednesday, December 8 from 8 am to 8 pm and in Nassau, Bahamas on Thursday, December 9 from noon to 1 am.

Guests will receive a refund of 1/7 of the cruise fare paid and an onboard credit of $100 per stateroom.

Norwegian Cruise Line sincerely apologizes for this delay. We appreciate our guests understanding and cooperation.

What about a hotel stay for every guest? They now have to fork over extra cash because most are coming in a day early!

I agree. While not required, it would certainly be a gesture of goodwill, as NCL has to be aware that a lot of folks will be flying in for a Sunday departure as scheduled and will now be forced to find accommodation in NYC, which isn't cheap.

Although we don't have the confirmation email yet, our TA talked to NCL and the rep said we can get a full refund and/or re-book on a future cruise in lieu of taking the shortened cruise. Waiting for confirmation.....

I wouldn't be too upset over missing the stop at GSC. I enjoyed it, but a lot of people find the tendering over to be a pain, the beach crowded. But if I were flying into NY to take this cruise, I'd be furious and be demanding that NCL in addition pick up the tab for the extra night in a hotel in NYC - that's expensive.

I hope everyone realises that embarkation starts at 8 AM on Monday for a noon departure....

Therefore, embarkation for guests sailing on Norwegian Jewel’s December 5 Bahamas & Florida cruise is delayed and will begin at 8 am on Monday, December 6. The ship is scheduled to depart New York at noon on Monday.

Thanks NCL for ruining my birthday (Dec. 5).....

Our 6th cruise on NCL & when you call their "System is down"...How convenient....We loved The Dawn...had a terrible time on The Gem (their fault) & now this....They told me they will have "travel care consultants" there on Monday..I said "I hope to get info. BEFORE Monday!"....

Wonder if the boat will even get to NY by Monday....

We stay loyal to NCL but we keep hearing how other lines treat their guests way better...1/7 of your cruise fare is no compensation for the lost time & lost destination....

Got to take the bad with the good;). I am sure everyone would prefer to take the whole cruise (after all that's what they booked) but I think the accommodation is fair. Assume about $2100 for a couple, so the refund is $300, plus another $100 OBC. You can get a nice midtown hotel on a Sunday for that with a nice dinner. Might even get a show in too. (Sun Matinées are cheaper). BUT be up early and at the pier by 07:00 - boarding is at 08:00 and she sails at noon. Make the best of it. :)

Got to take the bad with the good;). I am sure everyone would prefer to take the whole cruise (after all that's what they booked) but I think the accommodation is fair. Assume about $2100 for a couple, so the refund is $300, plus another $100 OBC. You can get a nice midtown hotel on a Sunday for that with a nice dinner. Might even get a show in too. (Sun Matinées are cheaper). BUT be up early and at the pier by 07:00 - boarding is at 08:00 and she sails at noon. Make the best of it. :)

I plan on having a great 6 day cruise:D--will be at the pier Monday at 8 !

6 days are better than none !!!!

WHAT A MESS is all I can say. Those that imply that 6 is better than nothing fail to realize the difference between arriving in NYC on Monday at rush hour vs. arriving on Sunday --- especially driving from DC. There goes another day to make up the sleep we will be missing by leaving home at 2 am. Seriously just considering canceling at this point. WILL NEVER. SAIL. WITH. NCL. AGAIN!!! :mad:

I plan on having a great 6 day cruise:D--will be at the pier Monday at 8 !

6 days are better than none !!!!

sorry to hear your cruise was cut a day short but you have a great attitude and that will make for a great cruise for you ....much like ours...we take things as they come and enjoy them....:D

Archived