Food on NCL Gem - 1st time cruiser

Sue1016

1st time cruiser - going Oct 19th on NCL Gem for my honeymoon. Tell me all about the food - any good? how about the speciality resturants? we booked with a special that included din at the steakhouse and italian. How are they?

What is included in room service? Being honeymooners, we probably just wanna be lazy some days and stay in and relax... how's that food, what kind of food is included in room service for breakfast lunch and dinner?

Not sure i can answer all of your questions but anyway, we went to the Teppenyaki and had a great time, food was good, typical teppenyaki style, steak and scallops for me, steak and shrimp for wife, son got chicken and shrimp. Steak house was good for the price, good atmosphere, excellent waiter and staff. Not as good as the typical NYC steakhouses but was still very good, we also went to the italian rest, it was okay, nothing to brag about in my opinion but was better than other dining options and for the price of all the specialty restaurants we couldnt complain. We didnt do the other specialties but there is a place on the Gem , cant remember name, small bistro type just above the main staircase i think, it has mozz sticks, wings, finger foods and burgers that is open until very late in the AM and we would stop there before heading to room for the night. Room service we only ordered once for the kids and it was fine but we just got burgers and chicken fingers. Also, outside of the lounge every night at approx 11 pm the would bring out finger foods and leave trays of it there, just have to go look for it. I only found it twice... lol, All in all i think the food was fine, it is a cruise so you are not going to get 5 star food but it was all fine, no complaints at all for us. Dont expect 5 star type food, remember they are cooking for thousands at once not just a small amount. Have Fun and enjoy... Go see the adult comedies as well as the shows.

Archived