Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Or my PCC doesn't know what he's talking about, LOL

Winner!

“Norwegian Encore will launch fall 2019 with unforgettable vacations in The Caribbean from her homeport in Miami. You’ll marvel at the panoramic sea views from the two-story Horizon Lounge, offered exclusively for guests of The Haven, and the Observation Lounge, including a full-service bar, live music and spectacular views spanning two decks.”

Winner!

“Norwegian Encore will launch fall 2019 with unforgettable vacations in The Caribbean from her homeport in Miami. You’ll marvel at the panoramic sea views from the two-story Horizon Lounge, offered exclusively for guests of The Haven, and the Observation Lounge, including a full-service bar, live music and spectacular views spanning two decks.”

Boy, that makes me feel a whole lot better....think, now I can walk off more calories. First to the DBH and then to the

Observation lounge... then back to my cabin via the DBH !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I don't think so... I just booked an aft balcony for the TA and my PCC said the thermal spa went back to the front of the ship. That probably means the observation lounge is gone, which actually makes since for Caribbean itineraries. Or my PCC doesn't know

what he's talking about, LOL

I would doubt very seriously that such a drastic change was made moving the spa to the front of the ship. All of the Spa Balcony rooms are in the back of the ship so this would also require completely reformatting the layout of Deck 15 to re-accomodate the Spa Balcony rooms to be convenient to the spa itself.

Seems like the Encore will be very much the same layout as Bliss - agree with above, they probably aren't moving the spa especially since Encore will have observation lounges. Expect some tweaks here and there...

I just noticed that the itinerary for Encore shows Puerto Rico from 5:30pm to 11:59pm - is that a mistake?

Seems like the Encore will be very much the same layout as Bliss - agree with above, they probably aren't moving the spa especially since Encore will have observation lounges. Expect some tweaks here and there...

I just noticed that the itinerary for Encore shows Puerto Rico from 5:30pm to 11:59pm - is that a mistake?

That basically means it will be there until midnight- 12:00 AM

That basically means it will be there until midnight- 12:00 AM

so this port visit is really a night time visit - that means no beach type excursions? What does one do at night in the port, get dinner at a local restaurant, see a local show, etc?

Congratulations on everyone booking. But some of those prices are high even for NCL. They will come down a little I believe. There is no way a $1600 pp balcony price will hold up in the crowded Miami cruise market. I hope no one paid in full because "some" prices will come down.

I love that I get to comment on my own comment so many months later. Those Haven prices did come down. I think when they first announced the Encore the cheapest Haven (forward penthouse) was about 5k pp. Now you can get a 2 bedroom in the Haven for less. Now if they would get rid of the silly promos and drop the prices 10% more, I could actually think about booking.

During a recent media day about the new Leonardo Class Ships, the CEO was asked about The Encore:

Stuart did not give many details on Norwegian Encore, which will be the last in the Breakaway Plus class of ship and launches in 2019. When asked whether there would be a new show onboard, all he would say was: "Entertainment will continue to evolve, yes."

During a recent media day about the new Leonardo Class Ships, the CEO was asked about The Encore:

Stuart did not give many details on Norwegian Encore, which will be the last in the Breakaway Plus class of ship and launches in 2019. When asked whether there would be a new show onboard, all he would say was: "Entertainment will continue to evolve, yes."

Heh, lesson learned from FDR who spilled the beans on the Bliss race track. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I know its still really early in the process but when do you think entertainment will be announced? 6 months around Christmas or early next year?

I had no plans to get off the ship in Puerto Rico. However I have not been part of a cruise where a ship docks for such a short period of time at night. I think the ship docks at 530pm and leaves right before midnight. If people get off the ship at 6pm and they maintain their 2 hour rule back on the ship before leaving, that means everyone must be back on at 10. Passengers will have 4 hours to explore Puerto Rico at night. What do you think there is to do? Any excursions or will it be just port shopping?

I am looking forward to the long day in St Thomas. The last 2 times I was there on Epic was a short day, leaving at 5pm (all aboard at 3). It really cut the St John excursions and you only had 2 hours at the beach.

I don't see many St John excursions listed. I suppose this is because of hurricane Irma damage?

they maintain their 2 hour rule back on the ship before leaving

I never ever have been on a ship where I had to return 2 hours before departure time. It´s usually 30 min to 45 min prior to departure!

steamboats

I think a lot of pax get caught up with that 2 hour embark thing. It only applies to the first day getting on the ship, all other days, days at ports of call are 30 minutes prior to departure unless specified. NCL doesn't do a very good job stating facts sometimes.

DH and I visited PR while on the MSC Divina last year. We just walked around and shopped a bit and went up to the fortress. Not sure what you're interested in but Tripadvisor had things to do and you'll have about 5 hours, lots of time to explore.

Have a great cruise.

If people get off the ship at 6pm and they maintain their 2 hour rule back on the ship before leaving,

I never ever have been on a ship where I had to return 2 hours before departure time. It´s usually 30 min to 45 min prior to departure!

steamboats

It is indeed 30 minutes. The only time it's 2 hours is on embarkation day at the beginning of the cruise.

On RCI there are cafés selling Starbucks coffee. There they don´t accept gift cards. On the Oasis Class ships they have Starbucks as full franchise and there they do accept gift cards. The one on the Bliss looks like a full franchise not just selling coffee but all regular Starbucks specialties including cakes and more (I had a cake pop) plus they do sell Starbucks mugs (big ones and small Espresso size ones), thermo mugs and more.

steamboats

(sorry, I can´t tell you more but first I´m German and I do not have a gift card and second everything was free of charge on the pre inaugural)

I don't know if this has been answered yet or not, but the Bliss Starbucks did accept Starbucks gift cards and also had the app scanner. I pre-loaded a few cards and used them specifically for the cruise. They made everything from coffee to frappucinos. They also had the pastries and such, but I don't recall them having the breakfast sandwiches, salads, etc. as you might find at the land-based stores. I always received very good service there too, no matter if I went in to get a basic coffee or something more complicated.

I don't know if this has been answered yet or not, but the Bliss Starbucks did accept Starbucks gift cards and also had the app scanner. I pre-loaded a few cards and used them specifically for the cruise. They made everything from coffee to frappucinos. They also had the pastries and such, but I don't recall them having the breakfast sandwiches, salads, etc. as you might find at the land-based stores. I always received very good service there too, no matter if I went in to get a basic coffee or something more complicated.

That's really good to know

we need some news of the Encore, thinking about booking the TA or a cruise in Europe.

I would book it on the $50 promo, if you are not thinking haven or suites, and revise the reservation if the price goes down.

Prices envitably go up.

we need some news of the Encore, thinking about booking the TA or a cruise in Europe.

I think we have to wait 6 more months :(

The Bliss hull art was revealed in October 2016, 18 months prior to its launch. We’re now nearly 16 months prior to the Encore launch - so it wouldn’t be unthinkable to see something soon.

The Bliss is still front and center, unlike when the Joy launch occurred. I suppose that justified the need for a more drawn-out reveal last time around.

I would book it on the $50 promo, if you are not thinking haven or suites, and revise the reservation if the price goes down.

Prices envitably go up.

thanks for advice, in germany it is not so easy, we have no free revise here, if i cancel i have to pay 20%. i need a travel agent in usa :)

Late August Meyer Werft should dock out the Aida Nova, then we see weekly pics of Encore growing, yeah.

The Bliss hull art was revealed in October 2016, 18 months prior to its launch. We’re now nearly 16 months prior to the Encore launch - so it wouldn’t be unthinkable to see something soon.

The Bliss is still front and center, unlike when the Joy launch occurred. I suppose that justified the need for a more drawn-out reveal last time around.

Good point. I cant wait for this thread to heat up :cool::cool: