Pride of Ameica - Rental Cars

GoingBoatin'

I'll be going on Pride of America this summer. I'm trying to get my rental cars lined up.

Do all rental companies have an "office" at the ports or will I have to shuttle somewhere?:confused: Is it more expensive to drop off at port vs their locations?

Do the rental companies provide complimentary shuttle service?

Kahluli port

Hilo Port

Kona (tender) port

Nawiliwili port

Thanks in advance!

Virtually all rental companies will pick you up at the port BUT do check with the specific rental company.

I can vouch that Thrifty and Enterprise both do. Kona is the only slightly difficult port. There is a Thrifty car rental office right near the dock (at the hotel) BUT it has very high rates - so at that port I recommend Enterprise, they have an office nearby and will pick you up at the port. The other rental companies are at the airport (a fair distance from the port). At all the other ports mentioned there is NO problem selecting the car rental company of your choice.

I also recommend the discounthawaiicarrentals website. It gives you all the available rental companies, their rates AND allows you to specify that you are a cruise passenger and charges NO deposit on rentals arranged on the website.

There is also a Hertz in the Courtyard right across from the tender dock and is right next to Thrifty. There might even be a third company in there.

Good to hear because thrifty was charging some awfully high rates for the convenience.