What Additional Routes Can Carnival Add?

Kobayashi

I would love for them to add the Pacific Northwest reroute that they did during the Swine Flu outbreak in Mexico. We stopped in Astoria, Victoria, and Vancouver.

Loved the Swine Flu cruises up north.

Yes!! A California Coastal cruise from LA. A stop in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Vancouver would be nice. I would definitely take a cruise to Canada!

Either one of these. Would love to cruise up to Canada again. On every after-cruise survey, we always write that we would like a Pacific Coastal cruise.

Edited by Rosefloater

Yes!! A California Coastal cruise from LA. A stop in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Vancouver would be nice. I would definitely take a cruise to Canada!

Add Catalina perhaps and maybe some off the path place like Astoria Oregon and I would think this cruise would be a winner. It would be hard to go to Vancouver and back in a week.

They do Curacao and Aruba from Miami, it would be nice to do other Southern Caribbean ports from Miami rather than San Juan.

So how about a S Caribbean to St. Lucia and Barbados or Grenada or some other southern island without having to fly to San Juan

I did Limon, Costa Rica and Panama several years ago and didn't care for it at all. Actually, it was my least favourite cruise to date.

Thank You! I thought I was the only one that didn't like it lol. I thought Limon was awful. Have no desire to go there again.

Panama , Costa Rica on a regular weekly or bi monthly sailing , They used to go there once and a while .

Yes I wish they would do this route again. I did it in 2010 and loved it. 8 day cruise with lots of sea days but Costa Rica and Panama were highlights. Would do this again.

Trans Atlantic similar to what Cunard, New York-Southampton and vice versa. Don't know if CCL would want to add the competition to Cunard but it would certainly be more affordable and would give the sea day lovers what they would want

Tom

Agree!

lots of UK cruisers like us would like an alternative to Cunard for TAs.

We did Costa Rica, Columbia and Panama Canal out of Tampa (also stopping at Cayman on the way) and it was wonderful.

I am a beach lover but theres something so much more beautiful about interesting ports.

I still think Carnival should seize the UK budget Market and do short cruises to northern Spain from the UK but there you go. RCL, PandO and Princess have pretty much stolen much of the UK market because they got there first.

I hope Carnival is paying attention to this thread.

We would enjoy more 8 to 10 nights out of Baltimore and New York. Remove all stops to port Canaveral.

Right. If they kept a ship in New York for the winter, they could work a 10/10/8 basis. But I don't see why carnival can't run this itinerary from Baltimore.

Sunday- Baltimore, 4PM

Monday- Sea Day

Tuesday- Nassau, 2PM-10PM

Wednesday- Half Moon Cay, 9AM-4PM

Thursday- Grand Turk, 11AM-8PM

Friday- Sea Day

Saturday- Sea Day

Sunday- Baltimore, 7AM

The only issue with that specific cruise is Atlantis in Nassau. But I bet they could still have excursions, on my Enchantment of the Seas cruises, we didn't arrive in Nassau until 2 and they had Atlantis excursions.

They also need to change the order of the Port Canaveral cruise. Like so:

Sunday- Baltimore, 4PM

Monday- Sea Day

Tuesday- Port Canaveral, 11AM-8PM

Wednesday- Freeport, 9AM-5PM

Thursday- Nassau, 7AM-7PM

Friday- Sea Day

Saturday-Sea Day

Sunday- Baltimore, 7AM

They need to stop offering this cruise in January and February! We went to the Bahamas once in February and didn't enter the water once, it was too cold. Plus it only gets to about 75 there during the day.

Putting the 2 sea days at the end of the cruise will allow Carnival to get back to Baltimore earlier, there are times when the ship won't even pull in until around 9AM.

Limon was awful. Have no desire to go there again.

What excursion or activities did you do in Limon? What places did you visit?

I would love this too. Astoria thrown in there would be nice as well.

I would also love it if they did a few b2b cruises going between Ensenada and Hawaii. I know they do a 10 and 11 day repositioning cruises to Hawaii along with the 15 day. But I'd love to take a back to back visiting Hawaii so I can spend more time on each island. I think they did these some before but maybe once a year if they could bring them back again and see how it goes.

Edited by arby70

I would add more Carnival Journeys in the summer months. This is mainly due to me (a child) wanting to to a 10+ day cruise, but can't due to the school schedule and how they Journeys are set up. Especially some out of Baltimore/New York. An itinerary for that could include Bermuda too!

For Example:

Baltimore/NYC

Sea Day

Bermuda (Overnight)

Bermuda

Sea Day

Sea Day

St. Maarten

St. Thomas

San Juan (Disembark)

They could run that schedule in reverse to get it back to Baltimore/NYC.

Also, I would like to see a better Eastern Caribbean/Generic Caribbean itinerary out of Galveston/NOLA

For Example:

NOLA

Sea Day

Key West

Grand Turk

Half Moon Cay

Sea Day

Sea Day

NOLA

OR

NOLA

Sea Day

Key West

Cozumel

Belize

Progresso

Sea Day

NOLA

These would be my favorite option for improvement because I think it's stupid that Galveston and NOLA get the worst EC itineraries and also they only get 3 port WC. I think they deserve better IMHO.

Edited by TheCriuseDirector

I would add more Carnival Journeys in the summer months. This is mainly due to me (a child) wanting to to a 10+ day cruise, but can't due to the school schedule and how they Journeys are set up. Especially some out of Baltimore/New York. An itinerary for that could include Bermuda too!

For Example:

Baltimore/NYC

Sea Day

Bermuda (Overnight)

Bermuda

Sea Day

Sea Day

St. Maarten

St. Thomas

San Juan (Disembark)

They could run that schedule in reverse to get it back to Baltimore/NYC.

Also, I would like to see a better Eastern Caribbean/Generic Caribbean itinerary out of Galveston/NOLA

For Example:

NOLA

Sea Day

Key West

Grand Turk

Half Moon Cay

Sea Day

Sea Day

NOLA

OR

NOLA

Sea Day

Key West

Cozumel

Belize

Progresso

Sea Day

NOLA

These would be my favorite option for improvement because I think it's stupid that Galveston and NOLA get the worst EC itineraries and also they only get 3 port WC. I think they deserve better IMHO.

You're correct in the Baltimore/NYC cruise. They need more Carnival Journeys cruises!

But with the NOLA itineraries, they don't work. There is no way a ship can get from Key West to Grand Turk overnight. Also, Grand Turk and HMC are pretty far, that's why you see the ships leaving GT at 2PM and getting to HMC around 9 or 10.

NOLA and Galveston are booking markets. But it's the same reason why Baltimore and New York passengers have the same 7 night Bahamas cruise; distance and convenience. when it is convenient to drive to a port, the ports visited don't coincide, at least not unless it's your first cruise.

Draw a triangle and write "Convenience" on one corner, "Destination / Ports" on another, and "Ship / Amenities" on another. With cruising nowadays, you can only pick 2, and sacrifice the other. That's why we have CC to help up find the balance :D

I would love to get to visit Punta Cana, DR and also Costa Rica at some point. Of all the ports we've visited Belize is our least favorite so if they would offer Roatan and Cozumel with something other than Belize, I might consider that option.

Also, I would love it if they will put another ship (possibly a Conquest class) in NOLA. Right now it's either the Dream or the Elation. I think another ship would be a smart move for Carnival especially since they are the only line that cruises out of NOLA year round.

Another great option for NOLA would be to offer 8 and 6 day cruises that would allow some different ports during the eight day itineraries.

Living within (reasonable) driving distance from only Galveston and New Orleans, I wish they could expand some itineraries for the Gulf sailings. We have done Coz/Grand Cayman/Jamaica twice and will do Coz/Belize/Roatan for the first time in May. The only other 7-day offered is Key West and Bahamas but they are few and far between and hard to catch when it agrees with our schedule. I know distance is an issue, but when airfare costs more than the cruise itself, that's just not feasible for us!

I wish they had better itineraries out of Baltimore. The ones they have now are horrible.

This bears repeating!

I wish they had better itineraries out of Baltimore. The ones they have now are horrible.:D

HMC and Grand Turk are good having said that. However, please GMAB with Freeport and Nassau for crying out loud! Carnival wears those two ports out!

I wish they would go to Bermuda for more than a handful of sailings - mostly in October to boot.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Bring back the 7-day Bermuda sailings out of Baltimore and New York. Those same two itineraries out of Baltimore are getting tiring.

We did that itinerary several years ago and loved it. They really need to add some decent ships/itineraries in NYC and Baltimore. It would be nice to not have to pay air fare every time we cruise. As far as Baltimore is concerned, they only sail to the Bahamas, which I have not desire to go to with all the crime going on there lately.

So ready for something new. I have been to St. Thomas and Cozumel both 5 times. I realize those will always be major stops on most cruises, but how about adding some of the old stops they used to do; Barbados, Martinique, St. Croix, or places others go like Grenada, or Dominica. Carnival is the line we prefer but sometimes have to venture out to another line to get a new destination. :(