NCL Epic 3/31 Western - We're Done Here

Aloha 1

rbt001;

Appreciate the response. Apparently I'm not being clear enough in my post. Again, the sole purpose was to post the OPINION of a veteran cruiser with 2 NCL cruises completed. IMHO, EPIC was well below Escape in terms of food and food quality. based on our Escape cruise we know NCL can do better. I wholly agree with Frank Del Rio's comment after taking over the helm of NCL that "people don't cruise for crappy food". It is quite possible that others dining on the same ship at a different time had a different experience than us but I reported what I saw. We're back to the NCL sister line, Oceania, this summer then trying MSC in Yacht Club. I will add my comparison of Haven and YC after that.

rbt001;

Appreciate the response. Apparently I'm not being clear enough in my post. Again, the sole purpose was to post the OPINION of a veteran cruiser with 2 NCL cruises completed. IMHO, EPIC was well below Escape in terms of food and food quality. based on our Escape cruise we know NCL can do better. I wholly agree with Frank Del Rio's comment after taking over the helm of NCL that "people don't cruise for crappy food". It is quite possible that others dining on the same ship at a different time had a different experience than us but I reported what I saw. We're back to the NCL sister line, Oceania, this summer then trying MSC in Yacht Club. I will add my comparison of Haven and YC after that.

I will look forward to the Haven & Yacht Club comparison. Thank you.

rbt001;

Of course Oceania is going to have superior food and probably service. You are paying twice the amount. To even try to compare a mass marketed line with a luxury line is like comparing Golden Corral to Ruth Cs or Red Lobster to a to seafood restaurant in New England. You do like to let everyone know you are a veteran cruiser and yet, are basing your opinion of only 2 cruises on NCL. After 40 plus cruises I try not to compare unless I am comparing one line with a comparable line; example RCI to NCL or Celebrity to HAL. I hope you continue to cruise and find the line that works for you. To be truthful, I doubt you will fine it on MSC.

Of course Oceania is going to have superior food and probably service. You are paying twice the amount. To even try to compare a mass marketed line with a luxury line is like comparing Golden Corral to Ruth Cs or Red Lobster to a to seafood restaurant in New England. You do like to let everyone know you are a veteran cruiser and yet, are basing your opinion of only 2 cruises on NCL. After 40 plus cruises I try not to compare unless I am comparing one line with a comparable line; example RCI to NCL or Celebrity to HAL. I hope you continue to cruise and find the line that works for you. To be truthful, I doubt you will fine it on MSC.

Frankly, the price of a 2 bedroom Haven H4 is comparable to the cost of traveling on Oceania in a Penthouse Cat 3. Certainly nowhere near twice the price. And yes, I'm a veteran cruiser. So what? I state that so CC'ers know I'm not a newbie and that I do have experience in travel. And of course I'll continue to cruise AND share my opinions. Again, as I have said ad infinitum, YMMV.

Frankly, the price of a 2 bedroom Haven H4 is comparable to the cost of traveling on Oceania in a Penthouse Cat 3. Certainly nowhere near twice the price. And yes, I'm a veteran cruiser. So what? I state that so CC'ers know I'm not a newbie and that I do have experience in travel. And of course, I'll continue to cruise AND share my opinions. Again, as I have said ad infinitum, YMMV.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I seriously do not think newbies will run from NCL based on your personal opinion or those of us who may agree or disagree with your opinions will decide not to sail on NCL. Sometimes I think when someone voices an opinion it is believed you are casting aspersions on someone personally and not sharing your thoughts on your experience. After all, everyone has a right to an opinion.

My husband and I love Posh and this time on the Epic Med Cruise we almost had it to ourselves! Though we enjoyed Le Bistro we did not fall in love with how Cagney's fit into what we wanted for dining. (thankfully both Platinum dinners) Hence, we ate in the Haven Restaurant just about every meal and loved it. (also the same on ships without a restaurant for Suite/Haven guests) I know repetitious but I was happy not to plan and fix meals for my DH and myself.

I had a bad experience with NCL about the cancellation of our cruise and their responses and I was flamed for being upset about the way I felt it was handled. I decided not to respond to the posters because let's face it there will always be those who agree and disagree. I already had a cruise booked with NCL so of course, I will be enjoying that. Then my DD asked if I would celebrate her birthday on a cruise - like I would say no and her choice was NCL. So back on NCL and yes, I still have the "Miss Bitter table for one" in my mind. Don't care what others think but my family comes first and I will go on NCL again.

MSC - The DH and I have booked YC and we are looking forward to the cruise along with our friends. Past reviews are a mixed bag but now more positive than negative. I appreciated both good and bad.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate them.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I seriously do not think newbies will run from NCL based on your personal opinion or those of us who may agree or disagree with your opinions will decide not to sail on NCL. Sometimes I think when someone voices an opinion it is believed you are casting aspersions on someone personally and not sharing your thoughts on your experience. After all, everyone has a right to an opinion.

My husband and I love Posh and this time on the Epic Med Cruise we almost had it to ourselves! Though we enjoyed Le Bistro we did not fall in love with how Cagney's fit into what we wanted for dining. (thankfully both Platinum dinners) Hence, we ate in the Haven Restaurant just about every meal and loved it. (also the same on ships without a restaurant for Suite/Haven guests) I know repetitious but I was happy not to plan and fix meals for my DH and myself.

I had a bad experience with NCL about the cancellation of our cruise and their responses and I was flamed for being upset about the way I felt it was handled. I decided not to respond to the posters because let's face it there will always be those who agree and disagree. I already had a cruise booked with NCL so of course, I will be enjoying that. Then my DD asked if I would celebrate her birthday on a cruise - like I would say no and her choice was NCL. So back on NCL and yes, I still have the "Miss Bitter table for one" in my mind. Don't care what others think but my family comes first and I will go on NCL again.

MSC - The DH and I have booked YC and we are looking forward to the cruise along with our friends. Past reviews are a mixed bag but now more positive than negative. I appreciated both good and bad.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate them.

And thank You for your nice response! Agree about Posh. It was very relaxing to come back to after a port day. Also agree about the MSC reviews and hopefully they'll get even better before we sail next March!

• 1 month later...
We’re in the Haven now on Epic’s TA. So far it’s been a great cruise. Bowen’s our concierge and has been terrific. Premium wifi has worked continuously across the Atlantic. Good food and great service in the Haven Restaurant. Cagney’s and Le Bistro have been excellent, as well as Teppanyaki. La Cucina: great service but awful pasta. Their steak is excellent, however.

BOWEN!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums