Taxi Cape Liberty to EWR

retired067

Hi, looking for a cost estimate and travel time, 7/8 am I know traffic conditions will play a roll

Thanks

What is your exact date? Do you have a flight time?

There is a taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty. Shared shuttles ($20/pp) and private cars are offered in the $55-$65 range. No meters. Many folks use Uber. It should be in the 30-40 minute range, but exact date could be important.

We are on the same cruise, docking at 7am, carrying our own bags off and flight is at 12:05pm. Do you think we can make a taxi work or should we reserve a private car? I know there are a lot of factors involved. We were considering changing flights but cost will be about $200 a person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Just an update, long story short, we changed our flight to 12:50, which meant an extra 2 hrs flying time and extra $$$, and opted to use the cruise ship's shuttle which I understood left @ 7:30, not so, it was chaos to say the least. First passengers off the ship @ 7:15. So we finally left at 8:45 and at 9:50 we were at our gate watching our original 10:30 flight board. So you never know your luck. Here are the quote's I received. Cruise ship 28.50 pp, Dial 7, standard car, fare, tip and toll approx. 100.00 plus waiting time charge if necessary, Uber 30.00 and a taxi 75.00. Hope this helps someone when trying to plan.

• Like 1

Just an update, long story short, we changed our flight to 12:50, which meant an extra 2 hrs flying time and extra $$$, and opted to use the cruise ship's shuttle which I understood left @ 7:30, not so, it was chaos to say the least. First passengers off the ship @ 7:15. So we finally left at 8:45 and at 9:50 we were at our gate watching our original 10:30 flight board. So you never know your luck. Here are the quote's I received. Cruise ship 28.50 pp, Dial 7, standard car, fare, tip and toll approx. 100.00 plus waiting time charge if necessary, Uber 30.00 and a taxi 75.00. Hope this helps someone when trying to plan.

I'm so sorry you opted to change your flight and used the ship shuttle...

Your earlier flight (as you now know) would have been perfect and the use of Uber would have worked even better...Lesson learned and hope other's take this advice also.

I'm also sorry I didn't see your original post in time and would have tried to offer my personal help and experience from my cruise last October in making your decision.

• 1 month later...

We are disembarking at Port Liberty from the Anthem of the Seas January 26, 2019 and have an 11:30am flight out of Newark.  What is the best recommendation to get to the airport?  should we do the early disembarkation and carry our own luggage off?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, sunnyv said:

We are disembarking at Port Liberty from the Anthem of the Seas January 26, 2019 and have an 11:30am flight out of Newark.  What is the best recommendation to get to the airport?  should we do the early disembarkation and carry our own luggage off?

Yes and use Uber