Alaska - Family of 5

greatrefund

Family of 5 looking to see which Cruise lines go Southbound from Alaska to Seattle or Vancouver that allow 5 people per cabin. Also at this time is it best to wait for July/Aug 2020 or is it still a good deal for July/Aug 2019?

Definitely not too late for 2019. I would focus on itinerary and find a cruise that offers the most time in ports of interest to you.

As far as cabins, one option that some choose, and is possibly cheaper, is to get 2 cabins near each other. Many get a balcony cabin and also an inside room across the hall for the kids. Depending on the ages, this can work well and gives you a balcony all can use, 2 bathrooms and some additional privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RCI Radiance has an amazing family ocean view cabin that has a separate bunk bed sleeping area. We've had family members that have had this cabin a couple of times. You will have to call RCI directly to book these. Our favorite has been the northbound out of Vancouver. Your choice but those roundtrip Seattle waste a lot of time JMHO. Enjoy whatever works for you.

We thought about doing 2 cabins - it was actually a little bit cheaper than the larger family stateroom on RCL Radiance, but I liked the location better of the larger room and I liked having the kids in the room with us. If you are booking 2 rooms and you want them next to each other you'll need to book farther out as it's harder to find that unless you're ok being on Deck 2.

On the Radiance we're in room 8000 which sleeps up to 6, we didn't have to call to book it though, we booked it online through Costco, never actually had to talk to anyone. There aren't very many of those category rooms.