Rome flight time?

phabric

Flights for my Med cruise will be opening up soon for 2019.

The Princess shows it docks at 5am at the Port of Rome. I know it is 90 minutes from the dock to the Rome airport.

Can I make a 1:30pm flight on a Sunday?

Can I use Princess transfer?

Hi phabric, while there are no guarantees in life, an awful lot would have to go wrong for you to miss a 1:30 departure.

We got off the Reflection in August with an 11:50 flight to Montreal. We prebooked a shuttle for 8:00 and we were at the airport shortly after 9:00. Checking in and getting through security took us longer than the drive to the airport.

I know someone will correct me if things have changed but the ship's shuttles tend to dump everyone at one spot and you may or may not be close to your check in location.

If you have not joined your Roll Call do so as I'd wager there are other passengers seeking to share a cab/van with one of the highly recommended services. These services are far more comfortable and most often quicker and they will drop you at the appropriate airline portal. They are also less expensive too, but that's not as important as the service.

Your flight time is fine and very doable.

1:30 should be fine. But as someone mentioned, personally I'd lean toward booking a private transfer to the airport rather than an cruiseline shuttle bus. That way you aren't waiting for an entire bus to fill, you can be assured your driver will speak English, and you can be assured of being dropped off at the right terminal with no other stops beforehand. I use Driver in Rome, many recommend Rome in Limo, and I've had recent good experiences with Welcome PickUps, which I believe operate throughout Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

We've 3 shared private transfers from Civitavecchia with others from our roll calls and never had a problem making our 11.30am flights. Most of the others were flying to the US and made earlier flights without any stress, so 1.30pm flight will cause no problem barring major unforeseen circumstances

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I agree about the ship's transfer.  Not only are you dropped off between terminals, but the luggage is dumped in a huge pile, and it's a zoo with people scrambling to get their luggage, and then scrambling to get out of the way of others.  Buddy-up with someone from your Roll Call and share a private transfer.

I found this where people can connect on the vendor's web site:

https://www.civitavecchiaport.org/shared-shuttle-service/

Oh, and you want a transfer that comes to the dock.  Some make you get to a central meeting place, and that's the port shuttle in addition to the transfer to the airport.

Edited by pcur