how crowded does playa mia get?

finzup-kt

I know Nachi and Mr Sanchos only sell a certain number of tickets to avoid over crowding. Is Playa Mia the same or do they let it get super crowded?

I ask because there are 432526 ships in port that day (well , not quite but there are a LOT - 29,000 pax) Thank you!

Passengers: 29787 (Carnival dream, MSC armonia, Costa Deliziosa, NCL getaway, Regal Princess, Carnival Vista, Harmony of the seas, empress of the seas, nieuw statendam)

I'm sure you will receive an abundance of responses. The last time we were in Cozumel there were many ships in port, but not as many as what you state. We went to Nachi Cocoom and did not like it at all, and would not go back. In our opinion very mediocre food and not a great beach or pool. But that is just our opinion and I'm sure that others will disagree with me.

But I digress. We thought that Cozumel was extremely crowded and people were everywhere. We will be there again in March of 2019 and probably won't leave the ship.:):)

I'm sure you will receive an abundance of responses. The last time we were in Cozumel there were many ships in port, but not as many as what you state. We went to Nachi Cocoom and did not like it at all, and would not go back. In our opinion very mediocre food and not a great beach or pool. But that is just our opinion and I'm sure that others will disagree with me.

But I digress. We thought that Cozumel was extremely crowded and people were everywhere. We will be there again in March of 2019 and probably won't leave the ship.:):)

That’s a shame. What time of year do you travel and what sort of place do you actually like? When you say March do you alwYs go at Spring Break?

That’s a shame. What time of year do you travel and what sort of place do you actually like? When you say March do you alwYs go at Spring Break?

We travel anytime of the year we want, and never go at spring break. We usually avoid traveling during summer vacation time as well. What I meant was, we would be in Cozumel again, not in March again. We like a multitude of places, some we like very much others not so much. We have traveled all over the world.:):)

I know Nachi and Mr Sanchos only sell a certain number of tickets to avoid over crowding. Is Playa Mia the same or do they let it get super crowded?

I ask because there are 432526 ships in port that day (well , not quite but there are a LOT - 29,000 pax) Thank you!

Passengers: 29787 (Carnival dream, MSC armonia, Costa Deliziosa, NCL getaway, Regal Princess, Carnival Vista, Harmony of the seas, empress of the seas, nieuw statendam)

Playa Mia does not limit the number of entrants. Weve not been to Sanchis or Nachi. We always go to Playa Mia (spring break). To beat the crowds, go on your own, not through your ship. You will beat any shore excursions by hours and you can stay hours after they leave.

Playa Mia is pretty big. We get there early. Stake our claim by one of the pools, make friends with our waiter, and enjoy our stay while watching our daughter play in the pool.

Also, going on your own, you have many choices of tickets to choose (all inclusive, ala carte).

Playa Mia does not limit the number of entrants. Weve not been to Sanchis or Nachi. We always go to Playa Mia (spring break). To beat the crowds, go on your own, not through your ship. You will beat any shore excursions by hours and you can stay hours after they leave.

Playa Mia is pretty big. We get there early. Stake our claim by one of the pools, make friends with our waiter, and enjoy our stay while watching our daughter play in the pool.

Also, going on your own, you have many choices of tickets to choose (all inclusive, ala carte).

Thanks, we definitely plan to go it on our own and not do an excursion. With so many ships in port do you think that at the height of the day it'd be too crowded? y daughter (age 6) really wants to do the inflatables but I think I'd be worried if there were too many people on them..

Thanks, we definitely plan to go it on our own and not do an excursion. With so many ships in port do you think that at the height of the day it'd be too crowded? y daughter (age 6) really wants to do the inflatables but I think I'd be worried if there were too many people on them..
It will be crowded. Our daughter usually sticks to the kiddie area and doesnt care for the inflatables at all. As an 8 year old she couldnt pull herself up on them when we tried them one year in Costa Maya so she hasnt even asked to do them since.

The kid section is close to the bathrooms, food, and a bar so we chill over there. It is also not as loud as out by the beach and that pool.

• 2 weeks later...
I was planning on doing Playa Mia on our own, seems a lot more reasonably priced that way.

What happens if it rains? Can you get refunded? Or do you not pre-purchase your entry?

We never felt the need to preorder unless we are offered a discount. The last time we planned on going the family that was with us complained of it being "cold" that morning since it was drizzly so we ended up not going. :-( . It ended up warming up and stopped raining :-(.

I was planning on doing Playa Mia on our own, seems a lot more reasonably priced that way.

What happens if it rains? Can you get refunded? Or do you not pre-purchase your entry?

From what I understand, you don't need to pre purchase admission. You just show up and pay at the entrance.

Great. And they don't max out with people? I'd hate to take a taxi there and have it be full.
The only way to ensure you will be happy is to get there as soon as you dock. You need to get there before all of the shore excursion folks to stake your claim on the beach or at one of the pools. They have a website where you can read all of their terms, conditions, prices, and hours.