"James Touring Service? Anyone been on a tour?"

#1cruiseprincess

James Touring Service----Anyone been on a tour?

We toured with James in April. We had a wonderful relaxing day. James provided drinks and a wonderful spread of different Local foods, The Jerk Chicken was Great!! Make sure you see the waterfall!!

He took us all over the island....and the entrance fees for the sites were included in his price. He only charged us 60pp...but our group of 4 gave him some extra as it was well worth every penny.

I've heard Cosol tours are wonderful as well. I am sure he does the same as them and I think just a little cheaper. He was so great with my son....He is a BIG Pittsburgh Steelers Fan and his vehicles all have "Steelers" written on them...Easy to spot when you get off the ship...

If you want more info here is his website

jamestaxiservice dot vpweb dot com....

I e-mailed him to set up our tour at jetlitheone69 at hotmail dot com

His vans are air conditioned too...which was a plus the day we went...it was very hot!!

Kris

• 1 year later...

Having been on his Tour with our small family and group from the Carnival Cunard Flagship QUEEN MARY 2.

He took us all places most do not even show, he took us to his home. His friends business where his dog, DIXIE, an English St. Lucian Terrier A wonderful girl she is!

He provided us all full beverages and snacks.. he even gave me such a wonderful unexpected thoughtful gift.

I have to say it was wonderful. THREE THUMBS UP ^^^ I rate it (TOPS) AAA/aaa +

He is a true gentleman. His vehicles are in great shape and most are brand new too. The cost basis is the very best your able to attain.

As the saying goes...

TRY IT YOUALL LIKE IT!

Mr. James Stprix ( an Avid Sports/ Pittsburgh Steelers Fan ) provides the Very Best Quality Services in all the Caribbean!

tourstlucia68@yahoo.com

tourstlucia68@yahoo.com

CELL PHONE 758-712-6285

I do suggest, Reserve now, with him before the tours fill up..

He provides the very best, not like merely all the rest.

I have to say Mr. James Stprix..:: THANK YOU AGAIN my friend!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone we went on a tour with James on Dec 17,2010, He was wonderful . He provides you with free drinks and everything. He told me before hand that people at the port would try and say they didn't know him or that they were him,boy were they right.I had a couple of men come up to us while james was getting the van and try to tell me basically that he wasn't james and that i have to be very careful with whom we are traveling with.1st James provides you with a picture of him /van .2nd he has a sign with your name on it (how would anyone else have your name).He will give you the best tour he even took us to the local grocerie store for St. Lucia rum...My children had a wonderful time ,we had a wonderful time ..He never leaves you like some touring services do ,and he took us to places that were absolutely breath taking to see that no other touring companies go...we found out where tiger woods was hiding out, where they film the bachelor at and we seen the unicorn which was in pirates of the caribbean . I can not say enough about how great james is . He also has worked in the past on a royal caribbean ship...so if you are looking for someone in st.lucia give james a call/email..tourstlucia68@yahoo.com:):):):):)

• 4 weeks later...

We did a tour with James when we were in St Lucia on Jan 12. He was there to meet our group of 8 with a sign in hand. We had intended to go see the pitons, but because they had had a lot of rain the day before, we could not go without taking a chance of getting stuck there. Evidently, some of the roads and bridges are still temporary since the hurricane. So instead, he took us on a nice sightseeing trip...and like another poster said, he goes to some places that other tour operators don't go. Nice touch. We also went to a beach where he got us set up complete with a cooler of beer and bottle of rum! Towards the end of our time there, we were in the restaurant and he came to join us....what a gentleman he is. You can tell he loves his island and is very knowledgeable about it. We would book him again in a heartbeat!

I completely agree with everyone else here & can't say enough about how great James from James Touring Service was when we were in St. Lucia 2 weeks ago. He also took us places that other tour guides do not know about & included all the beer & soft drinks you can drink. I would definitely take another tour with him the next time we are in St. Lucia. He had a driver named Sugar Daddy driving the van so that James can concentrate on his tour & on answering any questions. James was extremely knowledgeable about his island with a good sense of humor & Sugar Daddy also added some tidbits of information. Just to let you know what kind of person James is, the battery in my digital camera died right in the middle of our tour & he gave me his own camera to use for the rest of the tour. (Both cameras used the same type of memory card so I just used my card in his camera.) His website is: http://www.jamestouringservice.com if you want to contact him & I highly recommend that you do.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I had the pleasure of using James Touring Service on 01/31/11. As others have said in this thread, it is a great tour and a wonderful day was had by all. James met us right on time and led us to his Toyota van. There were 6 of us, and we were all very comfortable in his vehicle. We toured the island for close to 3 hours, with stops for photos and any nature calls. James then stopped and bought our group a case of beer, bottle of rum, water, and soft drinks. Next stop was almost 4 hours at a great beach. He arranged chairs for all and left the cooler full of drinks for us to share. At the arranged time we headed back to his van for a 20 minute ride back to the pier. We have taken dozens of similar island tours, and I would rate James in the top 2 or 3.

We just got back from a 10 nite Emerald Princess Cruise. We visited St. Lucia on Jan 31st, 2011. We pre-booked our tour with James before we left on the recommendation of someone who wrote a review. We contracted a price before we even left here and we were NOT disappointed! (We even gave him extra money, he was THAT GOOD!) James picked us up at Port Castries around 9am and we were with him until about 4pm when he dropped us off. There were six people on the tour. He has a nice van with "Steelers" on it. He is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. We wanted to see the volcano, but there had been a huge storm several months ago and the roads were still not in good shape. Rather than take the dangerous route, we opted to skip it. He took us all over the island, stopped for several photo opportunities and a brief tour of Lewis school (university) where we were told more about the island and saw the Piton Mountains. Saw some of the devastation and the 'poorer' side of the island and also a banana plantation. He told us all about St. Lucia and even took us to see the "Unicorn"---the ship that was used by Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean. We visited the nicer side of St. Lucia as well, and decided we wanted to live there...lol We saw the top of Oprah Winfrey's house and some beautiful countryside. All of my pictures look like postcards. Then we went to a beautiful beach where James supplied us with local rum, coke, water and beer...cooler right on the beach. The entire day was awesome. This was by far the best excursion I have ever been on and I would HIGHLY recommend contacting James at tourstlucia68@yahoo.com to book your tour! Mary

My wife and I had the pleasure of using James Touring Service on 01/31/11. As others have said in this thread, it is a great tour and a wonderful day was had by all. James met us right on time and led us to his Toyota van. There were 6 of us, and we were all very comfortable in his vehicle. We toured the island for close to 3 hours, with stops for photos and any nature calls. James then stopped and bought our group a case of beer, bottle of rum, water, and soft drinks. Next stop was almost 4 hours at a great beach. He arranged chairs for all and left the cooler full of drinks for us to share. At the arranged time we headed back to his van for a 20 minute ride back to the pier. We have taken dozens of similar island tours, and I would rate James in the top 2 or 3.

Hola Leslie & Bill......Mary & Dave here. Nice to be with you on our day in St. Lucia. I wrote a nice review for James, we thought he was great! Can't wait to cruise again and visit St. Lucia!

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to top everyone's comments on James Touring Service. Truthfully, after our day with James I thought I really new his land and people. James took great care of our group right down to having his associate "Sugar Daddy " do all the driving so he could concentrate on hosting our group of 9 people. My wife and I were impressed with his dedication to making this an experience we would enjoy and remember. After we left I thought we had not only met a dedicated business man but that we had made a friend.

James does take the Steelers seriously and may be one of the few NFL fans on the island. He will be happy to discuss football in addition to his island.

His web site was down this morning but it usually www.jamestouringservice.com. He is very fast with his email replies at tourstlucia68@yahoo.com

Finally, he is a man you can trust to make your visit a memorable event. ( did I mention the free beer, island bread and rum?):D

We were in St Lucia at the beginning of February and had a most enjoyable tour with James. We had visited the island before so this time we drove across to the East coast and past Dennery to the third largest town - Vieux Port. James stopped often for us to view and photograph the picturesque scenery. We drove up to Moule a Chique Lighthouse where the views were magnificent. Then we drove back up the West coast through Canaries and Anse La Raye.

James knew the island so well and took us to the best viewing points and answered all our questions about life on St Lucia. He also showed us the devastation that the hurricane had caused.

He has a new website: www.jamestouringservice.com which is worth a look.

Janet and Dave

Thanks for the recent reviews. I have some questions and would appreciate the additional information.

What were the tours that each of your groups-- Leslie and Bill, Mary, and Bob--did? Was it one of the ones listed or were there some changes that he made based on your group's interest? How long were the entire tour (all day?) and how long was the actual touring vs beach time.

Also, how much pp was the cost for each of you on your tours. Did there seem to be a minimum number for the group? Were there any additional people added to the tour that were not in your group? Thank you.

We decided to book James for a St. Lucia tour in March. We were able to get together a nice group from our CC 3/18 Millennium board and James' price was very competitive.

I know the reviews on James are great but what impressed us the most is how quickly and professionally he responded to our emails and questions. I know we'll have a super time in St. Lucia!:)

As a Jets fan I just won't hold his love for the Pittsburgh Steelers against him!

We just came back from a cruise and toured with James also. We had a group of 6 and everyone said this was the best tour. James is very knowlegable and very interesting. He stopped at a bakery and gave us all some delicious butter bread,rum & coke,or beer.We really had a great day. Do not hesitate to book with him.

• 2 weeks later...
We just came back from a cruise and toured with James also. We had a group of 6 and everyone said this was the best tour. James is very knowlegable and very interesting. He stopped at a bakery and gave us all some delicious butter bread,rum & coke,or beer.We really had a great day. Do not hesitate to book with him.

We tour with James next week and we're really looking forward to it. James has promptly answered all my emails and I'm sure we'll have a great time....(despite the fact that he's a Steeler's fan) Marty

We also toured with James on March 2, off the Celebrity Summit. He was able to fit us in with one week notice. He was prompt and did not make us wait around for scores of other people. His van , with Sugar Daddy, was ready to take us around . We took his North Shore tour . He took us to the overlook at Marigot Bay where some rum and trinkets were up for sale. He stopped and bought beer, cokes, water to fill his cooler for us . And we got to meet his cute little dog, Trexie! He was a gentelman who looked after us at every stop. We had a nice view of the ocean at a few places , looked around the beautiful Catholic church in Castries and spent some time on Reduit beach. Thanks for a nice day, James

• 3 weeks later...

We used James last week and not only is he a great guy he is very professional tour operator and will go out of his way to make your day in St. Lucia a memorable one....

James met our group just inside the information building and along with his driver Ziggy (Sugar Daddy) we set off in his comfortable air conditioned van. James had enough drinks for a week. You could tell both he and Ziggy are passionate and very knowledgeable about their beautiful St. Lucia.

From the church in Castries, great views of Marigot Bay, banana plantations, freshly baked island bread, beaches, the fantastic Botanical Gardens and waterfalls (small fee), views of the Pitons from La Strada Hotel.....it was just a perfect day.

In addition.....Sugar Daddy is a very safe and cautious driver and it was quite obvious James would have it no other way.

I would highly recommend James when you visit St. Lucia. There is lots of competition but if you are looking for a safe and personalized tour of beautiful St. Lucia you cannot go wrong with James.

Marty and Karen

We used James last week and not only is he a great guy he is very professional tour operator and will go out of his way to make your day in St. Lucia a memorable one....

James met our group just inside the information building and along with his driver Ziggy (Sugar Daddy) we set off in his comfortable air conditioned van. James had enough drinks for a week. You could tell both he and Ziggy are passionate and very knowledgeable about their beautiful St. Lucia.

From the church in Castries, great views of Marigot Bay, banana plantations, freshly baked island bread, beaches, the fantastic Botanical Gardens and waterfalls (small fee), views of the Pitons from La Strada Hotel.....it was just a perfect day.

In addition.....Sugar Daddy is a very safe and cautious driver and it was quite obvious James would have it no other way.

I would highly recommend James when you visit St. Lucia. There is lots of competition but if you are looking for a safe and personalized tour of beautiful St. Lucia you cannot go wrong with James.

Marty and Karen

We were also on James' tour with Marty and Karen. James is quite attentive and is definitely there to please his customers. He also allowed me to use his cell phone when I needed to make a call home to Canada which was very much appreciated! I also liked the fact that he sat with us during the entire tour. I did several tours on other islands with drivers who did the tour themselves and it is definitely a lot nicer (and safer) when the driver is focused on driving and not talking. We would use James again in a heartbeat!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, This is April from Detroit and I also toured with James Touring via Celebrity Millennium with the Marty Group....I had an awesome time and ladies he's also good to look at. :) I will definitely use him again.

April Jones

We used James a couple of weeks ago. He's a big, friendly guy. His tour was about half what the others cost, and it covered the same bases. You won't be disappointed!

Alan J.

Archived