Cannot understand the negatives about Britannia

lynnek

Agreed. For our part, one P&O cruise, then never again.

This sums up a typical Pandoer.

On a sailaway, we passed close to a well known German cruise ship. Up went a loud chorus "2 World Wars & And 1 Wold Cup - Do Dah - Do Da", repeated ad nauseaum

Then followed by a "La - La" version of the Dambusters tune.

This created much enjoyment for a mass gathering of human detritus, or should one say Chavs?

We have encountered that as well at a sailaway party and we cringed and walked away and never been to a P&O sailaway since.

Yip, agree but for its clientele - the worst CHAV experience ever.

Never on any other ship have I seen such loutish behaviour that we experienced. P&O must reduce their prices to such a level that it attracts the most undesirable and most objectionable people that we have ever met. Never again..... risks are too high.

How do you know that those causing a disturbance were those attracted by reduced prices? That's a rather large assumption to make.

Money has nothing to do with how people behave so reduced pricing has no real bearing on predicted behaviour. I have seen extremely unseemly behaviour from clearly wealthy, £250 a bottle champagne swinging individuals on cruises and good manners from young couples / families who saved for a last minute, low cost inside cabin.

I know we all make generalisations, me included on occasion but having originally come from a fairly poor background, it always annoys me when people equate money with class and lack of it with loutishness.

I also wonder why if you dislike PO so much you keep coming on the PO threads!

Too give possible future customer's a balanced view not one viewed thro' rose tinted specs expressed by the die hard Pando Lovers.

Too give possible future customer's a balanced view not one viewed thro' rose tinted specs expressed by the die hard Pando Lovers.

It would take more than one cruise several years ago to give you the knowledge to give a balanced view !

End of the day there were lots of negatives from the "older" P&O cruisers when Arcadia, Ventura and Azura were launched. All you got on Arcadia maiden cruise is its not as nice on Aurora and Ventura/Azura they are too big.

It would take more than one cruise several years ago to give you the knowledge to give a balanced view !

Probably been on Britannia more recently than you, less than 6 months ago (B635) never to be repeated again. Far better exerience to be had elsewhere, thankfully.

Probably been on Britannia more recently than you, less than 6 months ago (B635) never to be repeated again. Far better exerience to be had elsewhere, thankfully.

Its a pity you didn't enjoy your cruise on Britannia but look on the bright side, at least you can moan about it for years to come.

End of the day there were lots of negatives from the "older" P&O cruisers when Arcadia, Ventura and Azura were launched. All you got on Arcadia maiden cruise is its not as nice on Aurora and Ventura/Azura they are too big.

For older, do you mean "The Establishment" :')

We have been on the bigger RCCL ships, and love the modern feel about Britannia.

As maybe been said earlier - everyone to their own!!

For older, do you mean "The Establishment" :')

We have been on the bigger RCCL ships, and love the modern feel about Britannia.

As maybe been said earlier - everyone to their own!!

I would have said you were best described as discerning.

We love Brittania but sailaways are another subject altogether. Our cringeworthy moments have been on Oriana and Aurora - let's just say some mature passengers couldn't wait to raise their voices on passing a foreign ship. We walked away. I wrote on the passenger comments that they should change some of the music.

We love Brittania but sailaways are another subject altogether. Our cringeworthy moments have been on Oriana and Aurora - let's just say some mature passengers couldn't wait to raise their voices on passing a foreign ship. We walked away. I wrote on the passenger comments that they should change some of the music.

I certainly agree with you. Certainly there are quite a few "songs" that should be dropped.

We did enjoy our experience on Britannia last year, although not as good as Celebrity there was little to complain about which affected our holiday. We have taken many land based holidays over the years and none compare to the value for money that any cruise offers whether it be Celebrity, P&O or some others. We have booked P&O Azura this December as we would like to compare the two ships as we have probably booked our last Celebrity Eclipse cruise for March 18, they are discontinuing their 14 night Caribbean cruises in favour of 7 night which doesn't appeal.

P&O is likely to be our choice in the future and we need to decide whether its Britannia or Azura. Only wish they would change their policy towards formal nights, one a week is sufficient and would become more of a highlight.

To those considering P&O especially Britannia, its a great holiday and would recommend to anyone.

Edited by mickey89

We have encountered that as well at a sailaway party and we cringed and walked away and never been to a P&O sailaway since.

They even played the dambusters march at one sailaway party. I too do not attend P&O sailaways.

I get the feeling that P&O is heading downmarket as fast as the passengers will tolerate it :(

Obviously down market does not mean bad behaviour. I have witnessed as much bad behaviour on P&O as on Thomson, and as many drunks ;p

As for Britannia. no promenade deck and a poor Glasshouse has put me off, plus a bout of norovirus. Redeeming features are the Crows Nest and good buffet layout.

They even played the dambusters march at one sailaway party. I too do not attend P&O sailaways.

I get the feeling that P&O is heading downmarket as fast as the passengers will tolerate it :(

Obviously down market does not mean bad behaviour. I have witnessed as much bad behaviour on P&O as on Thomson, and as many drunks ;p

As for Britannia. no promenade deck and a poor Glasshouse has put me off, plus a bout of norovirus. Redeeming features are the Crows Nest and good buffet layout.

Hi Dave,

I see Cunard are having a GBS now and we are on Crown Princess and they had one in Gibraltar.

Must be catching.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have no problems any cruise line or ship having sailaway parties on deck it is everybody's choice to whether they attend or not what I do find cringeworthy is the persistence on P&O to play the theme from the Dambusters. When I last attended one we were berthed next to an Aida ship and the entertainment officer when the tune was being played shouted lets show the Germans on Aida who won the war. Cringeworthy and very embarrassing.

I have no problems any cruise line or ship having sailaway parties on deck it is everybody's choice to whether they attend or not what I do find cringeworthy is the persistence on P&O to play the theme from the Dambusters. When I last attended one we were berthed next to an Aida ship and the entertainment officer when the tune was being played shouted lets show the Germans on Aida who won the war. Cringeworthy and very embarrassing.

Then you have the good old british knees up. Has it never occurred to them that the vast majority of passengers are not cockneys. Of course they are catering to their passengers opinions.

This may or may not have happened. They were playing the Dambusters March to annoy the germans on MeinSchiff parked next door. Meanwhile the germans were lining the rails waving towels :D

Moral of the story, the germans have a sense of humour and the british should start living in the 21st century :eek: