Pride of America - Thanksgiving Week ??

BayGirl22

Has anyone done POA the week of Thanksgiving? I'm wondering what special events there might be and which restaurants (if any) had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday night in Kauai.

Given the ships theming I suspect they do something. We're considering having dinner on the ship that night and thinking the Liberty dining room might have the most traditional menu?

Its also the night of the NCL luau excursion so I've heard thousands of people stay off the ship that night.

• 3 weeks later...
I know you posted this a while ago- but we were on the POA last thanksgiving. We stayed on the ship and had a very relaxed traditional thanksgiving dinner. Lots of people went to the Luau but there were still a lot of people enjoying the MDR.

Thanks! Appreciate the info. We'll plan on the Liberty Dining Room that night since it feels a little more formal.

We did the cruise 2 years ago and thanksgiving dinner was no big deal as I remember it. If you've never been to a luau, I wouldn't miss it for a turkey dinner.

I got cdn thanksgiving dinner in October ��

We're doing a luau earlier in the week on Maui, and we've been to one before. I have no real interest in going to the one on Kauai that the cruise ships send 1000 people to. I'm more curious if there's a way for us to celebrate Thanksgiving on the ship or if we'd be better off finding a restaurant locally to go to. But eating out on Thanksgiving is usually an expensive prospect even on the mainland, so if the ship is doing something I'd opt to go there.

Sounds like we'll be ok going to the MDR, but I'll keep my expectations low in terms of the food.

We're doing a luau earlier in the week on Maui, and we've been to one before. I have no real interest in going to the one on Kauai that the cruise ships send 1000 people to. I'm more curious if there's a way for us to celebrate Thanksgiving on the ship or if we'd be better off finding a restaurant locally to go to. But eating out on Thanksgiving is usually an expensive prospect even on the mainland, so if the ship is doing something I'd opt to go there.

Sounds like we'll be ok going to the MDR, but I'll keep my expectations low in terms of the food.

What Luau are you doing on Maui....we wanted to do Old Lahani (sp) but transportation was pretty much not available or $250. I know several people who did this on and said it was the best and the reviews were great but could not come up with a transportation I was willing to do. Would love to know which luau you are doing and how you are getting there.

What Luau are you doing on Maui....we wanted to do Old Lahani (sp) but transportation was pretty much not available or $250. I know several people who did this on and said it was the best and the reviews were great but could not come up with a transportation I was willing to do. Would love to know which luau you are doing and how you are getting there.

We're doing Feast at Le Le which is table service with a better reputation for the food, and entertainment is provided by OLL. They are both in the same area in Lahaina, we are renting a car for the time we're in Maui. By all accounts that seems to be the easiest way to get around the islands, and there are other things we want to do while in Maui.