Pride of America - where is it now?

kev_chua

POA arrived in Kahului yesterday morning, so she should be still there after her overnight, sailing this evening.

Shipmate is horribly unreliable when the ship is outside the range of a land based AIS station, they will tend to use the published itinerary to "guesstimate" a position. Not sure why its showing the ship on its way to SFO, but I doubt its doing that. Marinetraffic is a more reliable site, and when a ship is out of range, it merely gives the last known position, it doesn't guess. Currently, marinetraffic is showing POA in Kahului since 0600 LT yesterday. There may be a crane or something interfering with the AIS signal.

I would say the Shipmate app is way off on this one.

The POA did have an extensive drydock in San Francisco in March 2016 with passengers on board for the trip back to Honolulu, but that is the only exception I can think of in years. If they were heading for a Mainland port, I'm sure we would have heard about it on CC.

I would say the Shipmate app is way off on this one.

The POA did have an extensive drydock in San Francisco in March 2016 with passengers on board for the trip back to Honolulu, but that is the only exception I can think of in years. If they were heading for a Mainland port, I'm sure we would have heard about it on CC.

Thank you

I am going on board a couple of weeks and is hoping that it's not some emergency dry docking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you

I am going on board a couple of weeks and is hoping that it's not some emergency dry docking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would surely require a few cancelled cruises, and you can be sure that we'd have heard from countless disappointed cruisers on this board by now.

You can count on the info which Chengkp75 provided as being accurate.